AirDroid 3 shows only 43 of over 300 user apps.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:57 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
aledonne
OP

AirDroid 3 shows only 43 of over 300 user apps.

On my device, AirDroid lists only 43 user and 18 system apps. I have 370 installed apps.

One of my primary use cases for AirDroid is archiving .apk files; at this point AirDroid 3 is nearly worthless to me.

Troubleshooting suggestions?

Any way to get back to AirDroid2? Maybe release AirDroid2 as a separate app on Google Play?
aledonne
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback and sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

You check the apps on web.airdroid.com or AirDroid app?

If you want AirDroid 2.1.0, please contact us at support@airdroid.com.
LVHAlfons
FronaIna48

Title

tl;dr: AirDroid support rocks. This was NOT an issue of v3 vs v2. If this happens to you, go into Settings and clear the data cache.

Thank you to the AirDroid support team. First, they provided the 2.1.0 apk. Then they followed up with a technical solve.

Turns out the data cache was almost certainly corrupted. The recommended fix is to go into settings and clear the data cache.

When I went back to 2.1.0, the first time I tried to view apps, it crashed. Afterward it worked and listed all the apps. Reinstalling 3.0.2 after 2.1.0 cleared the cache as part of its crash recovery, 3.0.2 worked fine as well.

So 3.0.2 is more stable in the face of a bad cache, whereas the crash recovery of 2.1.0 caused the cache to rebuild automatically.

Settings -> Miscellaneous . Data Cache . [ Clear ] should fix the issue of not all apps showing.

Thank you again to AirDroid support! I wanted to document the fix here in the forum in case anyone else has the same problem and finds my post.
FronaIna48
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235024

Latest Member: d

Online: 25