Call handling problem

Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:33 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
AndersH
OP

Call handling problem

Hi.

I installed and ran AirDroid to be able to use my computer to handle incoming and outgoing calls. Since I use a BT headset the phone then should be able to stay in it's cradle untouched.

When I try to make a call from the webapp it states "Calling" and "Please proceed on device". But on my phone (Galaxy S5) nothing happens.

Please advice...
AndersH
LVHAlfons

Title

Sorry for my late reply.
Does this happen all the time? You checked your phone and the call didn't go out?
LVHAlfons
Bodhi

Re: Call handling problem

Same phone . . . same issue.  If the screen has timed out then nothing happens.  If I happen to be using the phone then I get a prompt on the phone asking which phone service I want to use to complete the call (“native" phone service or voip provider's app Skype) along with a "Just Once" vs. "Always" prompt.  The screen state causes the Call Out command to fail.  The prompt causes the Call Out command to fail without direct manipulation of the phone.  This could be a real problem for parents wanting to discreetly “check in” on their minors by having the minor's phone call them so they can listen to the surrounding sounds.

Can the Call Out command be changed in such a way as to always call out regardless of the screen state and signal the phone to always use the built-in native phone dialer, and not prompt for anything?  Thanks.
Bodhi
Coffee Admin

Same phone . . . same issue.  If the screen has timed out then nothing happens.  If I happen to be using the phone then I get a prompt on the phone asking which phone service I want to use to complete the call (“native" phone service or voip provider's app Skype) along with a "Just Once" vs. "Always" prompt.  The screen state causes the Call Out command to fail.  The prompt causes the Call Out command to fail without direct manipulation of the phone.  This could be a real problem for parents wanting to discreetly “check in” on their minors by having the minor's phone call them so they can listen to the surrounding sounds.

Can the Call Out command be changed in such a way as to always call out regardless of the screen state and signal the phone to always use the built-in native phone dialer, and not prompt for anything?  Thanks. 

Thanks for the valuable feedback. We'll check it on our side and get back to you soon. 
Coffee
Admin
Bodhi

Thanks.  Just an FYI for your research into this . . . when the command came through on my phone and I was prompted with the "once" and "always" box, I selected "always" and since then the Call Out command has worked fine.  Of course, if the defaults are reset then this would be a problem again so perhaps there's a way to include selection of the "always" option automatically when the Call Out command is received by the phone or perhaps just bypass this alltogether somehow.  :-)
Bodhi
Coffee Admin

Thanks.  Just an FYI for your research into this . . . when the command came through on my phone and I was prompted with the "once" and "always" box, I selected "always" and since then the Call Out command has worked fine.  Of course, if the defaults are reset then this would be a problem again so perhaps there's a way to include selection of the "always" option automatically when the Call Out command is received by the phone or perhaps just bypass this alltogether somehow.  :-) 

Hi, I just confirmed this with the developers. You still need to proceed on phone. We can't improve this due to some technical restrictions. Sorry. 
Coffee
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235541

Latest Member: shahi

Online: 63