unable to get firefox to connect in Local Connection mode, only Remote Connection?question

Sat May 09, 2015 3:17 pm in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
not telling
OP

unable to get firefox to connect in Local Connection mode, only Remote Connection?

Ive tried EVERYTHING to get this to work in Firefox, unfortunately, after literally trying every suggestion on the page to get Airdroid to connect in Local Connection Mode using Firefox 37.0.2 nothing worked... I can get web.airdroid.com to load in IE and OPERA not a problem, but each and every single time I try Firefox it connects using Remote Connection Mode, and I chewed up the 200mb in no time flat. – Ive tried older versions back to 2.X etc., same issue, went back and reinstalled the latest version, same problem.
I tried to get Firefox to load Airdroid using http://web.airdroid.com and yes it does load but as Ive been saying, ONLY in remote connection mode!! Yet, Internet Explorer 11 works just fine? So does Opera V29?
I tried to get Firefox to load Airdroid using http://192.168.1.2:8888/  which is the IP it says on the Airdroid V3.1.0 software to put in, hit enter, and all I got was a page full of code or script? YET once again Internet Explorer 11 works just fine? So does Opera V29?
Oh..Here is a small sample or part of the page of code firefox gave me:
------------------------------------------
Connection: Keep-Alive
Content-Type: text/html
Server: AirDroid 2.0
Content-Length: 4222

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en-us">
<head>
    <meta charset="utf-8"/>
    <meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes">
   -------ANYWAY ENOUGH OF THAT, IT GOES ON AND ON AND ON------
Absolutely made sure my android and pc are on the same WiFi connection, etc, got it to ping with 192.168.1.2 ping worked ping came back without a problem, even made sure by checking telnet using 192.168.1.2 8888 , its as it should be…
Im utterly baffled. Because Firefox USED to work just fine not too long ago, now it dont? Is it because of the latest Firefox updates? And I have spent hours and hours trying tons of things I saw on other posts.
Can anyone think of something Ive not tried that may work? Because Im stumped.
HELP!!!

firefox screenshot
ScreenShot009.jpg

IE screenshot
ScreenShot007.jpg

=================================================
ADDED MORE PICS DUE TO REQUEST FOR FURTHER INFO...ETC.
=================================================
chrome using airdroid lite
ScreenShotchrome1.jpg

chrome using standard style logon
ScreenShotchrome2.jpg

pics of firefox when trying to access airdroid lite (top part)
ScreenShotfirefoxcode1.jpg

pic of the missing part as it would not all fit in one pic.
ScreenShotfirefox code2.jpg

not telling
Coffee Admin

Re: unable to get firefox to connect in Local Connection mode, only Remote Connection?

Ive tried EVERYTHING to get this to work in Firefox, unfortunately, after literally trying every suggestion on the page to get Airdroid to connect in Local Connection Mode using Firefox 37.0.2 nothing worked... I can get web.airdroid.com to load in IE and OPERA not a problem, but each and every single time I try Firefox it connects using Remote Connection Mode, and I chewed up the 200mb in no time flat. – Ive tried older versions back to 2.X etc., same issue, went back and reinstalled the latest version, same problem.
I tried to get Firefox to load Airdroid using http://web.airdroid.com and yes it does load but as Ive been saying, ONLY in remote connection mode!! Yet, Internet Explorer 11 works just fine? So does Opera V29?
I tried to get Firefox to load Airdroid using http://192.168.1.2:8888/  which is the IP it says on the Airdroid V3.1.0 software to put in, hit enter, and all I got was a page full of code or script? YET once again Internet Explorer 11 works just fine? So does Opera V29?
Oh..Here is a small sample or part of the page of code firefox gave me:
------------------------------------------

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en-us">
<head>
    <meta charset="utf-8"/>
   -------ANYWAY ENOUGH OF THAT, IT GOES ON AND ON AND ON------
Absolutely made sure my android and pc are on the same WiFi connection, etc, got it to ping with 192.168.1.2 ping worked ping came back without a problem, even made sure by checking telnet using 192.168.1.2 8888 , its as it should be…
Im utterly baffled. Because Firefox USED to work just fine not too long ago, now it dont? Is it because of the latest Firefox updates? And I have spent hours and hours trying tons of things I saw on other posts.
Can anyone think of something Ive not tried that may work? Because Im stumped.
HELP!!!

firefox screenshotImage

IE screenshotImage

Did you use proxy or VPN on firefox? If yes, disable it and try again.
Coffee
Admin
not telling

Re: unable to get firefox to connect in Local Connection mode, only Remote Connection?

Did you use proxy or VPN on firefox? If yes, disable it and try again. 

no, no proxy or VPN... any other suggestions?
not telling
Coffee Admin

no, no proxy or VPN... any other suggestions? 

Does Chrome work? And can you send us a screenshot of the code you mentioned in the post? Thanks!

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en-us">
<head>
    <meta charset="utf-8"/>
Coffee
Admin
not telling

Does Chrome work? And can you send us a screenshot of the code you mentioned in the post? Thanks!

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en-us">
<head>
    <meta charset="utf-8"/>

yes indeed Chrome ALSO works just fine in both modes, as does IE and Opera i have Edited my original "FIRST POST" to include the pics you requested..pics of Chrome working fine, and also added pics of the Firefox page of code i get when trying to use 192.168.1.2:8888 (had to take 2 pics to see all the code Firefox was showing)

not telling
Coffee Admin

yes indeed Chrome ALSO works just fine in both modes, as does IE and Opera i have Edited my original "FIRST POST" to include the pics you requested..pics of Chrome working fine, and also added pics of the Firefox page of code i get when trying to use 192.168.1.2:8888 (had to take 2 pics to see all the code Firefox was showing)

Thanks for the update. Have sent to the developers.
Coffee
Admin
Coffee Admin

Please use the private window to see if the issue still remains (in this mode, all extensions are disabled). 
private.jpg
Coffee
Admin
not telling

Please use the private window to see if the issue still remains (in this mode, all extensions are disabled). Image 

sure, i can do that, but alas.... problem still remains.

see pics:

1.jpg

2.jpg

i knew that probably would not work as i had previously tried that a slightly different way
see pic:

Image2.jpg
not telling
Coffee Admin

sure, i can do that, but alas.... problem still remains.

see pics:

i knew that probably would not work as i had previously tried that a slightly different way
see pic:Image 

We've tried with Firefox 37.0.2 but can use it normally. And we haven't seen similar feedback as yours. It's a little bit hard to troubleshoot. Sorry.

Here's another menthod which may help:

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

t3.jpg
Coffee
Admin
not telling

We've tried with Firefox 37.0.2 but can use it normally. And we haven't seen similar feedback as yours. It's a little bit hard to troubleshoot. Sorry.

Here's another menthod which may help:
Image Image Image 

to be honest, when i started up my pc today..saw your post reply with that option to try, i tried it... no go.... so i went to use Chrome... it was doing the same thing (Remote connection only)...tried Opera, same thing...Hmmmmm., try IE.... well, IE still connect's through Local , it's VERY disturbing..so....screw it..i've decided to do a COMPLETE fresh reinstall of my OS... the works...and start again from scratch. and hoefully get RID of any nasties hiding..any glitches in softwares., etc.etc. i know my registry must by now have TONS of erronious crud built up over the last year or 2.
my whole system will be better for it., and it's well and truly overdue for a fresh install./

i really appreciate the fast replies and assistance offered. ., ill get back to this page after i've done all that., and see how it goes., finger's crossed.
ill update the page when all that's done/.

cheer's.
not telling
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235575

Latest Member: harrykevin

Online: 149