SMS Texts being sent to the wrong personquestion

Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:44 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
Ender
OP

SMS Texts being sent to the wrong person

Has this happened to anyone else? Basically, on the web interface, I will start typing someone's name and then selecting it when it auto-completes the name, send the text, and next thing you know it's been sent to the wrong person. This is incredibly annoying and inconvenient, as you can imagine, and has gotten me in trouble. This isn't a one-off either, it has happened too many times to count, to the point where I'm afraid to use Airdroid anymore to send texts.

Today something a little different happened: I typed a person's name and sent a text, which then according to the web interface was sent to a different person, and when I looked on my phone it actually sent the text to a completely different (third) number.

Is this a known bug? I am on Windows 7 and a Galaxy S6. Screenshots are here of this in action: http://imgur.com/a/9tiqW

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Untitled1.jpg

Untitled2.jpg
Ender
Coffee Admin

Re: SMS Texts being sent to the wrong person

Hi,

Do you have this problem when using AirDroid Win/Mac?
Coffee
Admin
Coffee Admin

@ender

Hi, can you go to http://web.airdroid.com/sms_bug_detect_2.html and go to SMS, check if the issue still remains. If there's any error msg, send us a screenshot of it. Thanks.
Coffee
Admin
Ender

Coffee wrote:@ender

Hi, can you go to http://web.airdroid.com/sms_bug_detect_2.html and go to SMS, check if the issue still remains. If there's any error msg, send us a screenshot of it. Thanks.

Thanks - I tried that link and now can't get into SMS at all. It says "load sms failed"
Ender
Coffee Admin

@ender

Thanks! Will get back to you when there's any update :)
Coffee
Admin
Ender

@coffee

Hey, just wanted to let you know that this doesn't seem to be happening anymore. Not sure if there was an update or something, but so far in the past week I have not run into this issue at all!
Ender
Coffee Admin

@coffee

Hey, just wanted to let you know that this doesn't seem to be happening anymore. Not sure if there was an update or something, but so far in the past week I have not run into this issue at all!

Thanks for letting us know :)
Coffee
Admin
Ender

Coffee wrote:
@coffee

Thanks for letting us know :)

Hello,

Just wanted to let you know that it's happening again, and a lot more often now. It's sooooo frustrating! I'm now on a Galaxy Note 5, I was on the Galaxy S6 previously, and it does it on both phones. Please see the attached screenshot. The top Roger is the real Roger. The second Roger is a completely different person with a completely different name.

I love AirDroid, but this is seriously a dealbreaker! All I need is to send the wrong text to the wrong girl to cause some SERIOUS problems

I can't imagine I'm the ONLY person with this issue!

Thanks!
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Ender
Ender

Here's a side by side comparison of the 2 screens, if it helps any....

The top Roger is incorrect, it's supposed to be Milton, that's who the texts are actually from. Milton is the genius that doesn't know what "TWD" stands for The second Roger is correct.

Ender
Coffee Admin

@ender

Sorry about that. We're still looking into this now :(
Coffee
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads