Disable Remote Connections?question

Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:47 pm in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
justbeane
OP

Disable Remote Connections?

Is there a way to disable remote connections, or at least require confirmation for remote connections?
I like what this app has to offer, but I am a bit concerned about someone getting my password and then having access to the contents of my phone from anywhere in the world. I would feel much more secure if I could like access to local connections only.
Thank you.
justbeane
Coffee Admin

Re: Disable Remote Connections?

Sorry, don't have such settings now.

AirDroid will notify you when a connection is build. You can enable this in AirDroid app settings > turn on Notification icon & Notification sound.

Hope this helps :)
Coffee
Admin
justbeane

Coffee wrote:Sorry, don't have such settings now.

AirDroid will notify you when a connection is build. You can enable this in AirDroid app settings > turn on Notification icon & Notification sound.

Hope this helps :)

Thank you very much for the reply.

Do you have any plans to add such a setting? I love the access that AirDroid provides, but this is kind of a deal breaker for me. I'm not comfortable with setting up a situation where anyone in the world can access my phone if they have my password.

The notification is nice, but its not that useful if someone connects to my phone when I am not around, and don't notice the notification. A "accept/reject" dialog box seems like it would make this app way, way more secure.

Thank you.
justbeane
Coffee Admin

Thank you very much for the reply.

Do you have any plans to add such a setting? I love the access that AirDroid provides, but this is kind of a deal breaker for me. I'm not comfortable with setting up a situation where anyone in the world can access my phone if they have my password.

The notification is nice, but its not that useful if someone connects to my phone when I am not around, and don't notice the notification. A "accept/reject" dialog box seems like it would make this app way, way more secure.

Thank you.

Thanks. We understand your concerns. We'll consider this.

Some suggestions:
1. Change password frequently.
2. Use Lite Mode only. In this mode, you build the connection via the IP address displayed on AirDroid app (without account), and it needs confirmation on your phone. But it'll have few features compared to web.airdroid.com, and requires your phone and computer to be in the same network.
Coffee
Admin
justbeane

I am confused about your suggestion to only use Lite Mode. Is there a setting in the phone app that only allows lite mode? Because if not, this isn't really helpful. Whether or not I am logging in using a mode that requires confirmation on my phone, someone else with my password could still simply log in the normal way without requiring confirmation.

On that note, I feel like there is something I am missing about lite mode. I know that it has fewer features and requires both devices to be on the same network. But why is it the mode that has a setting requiring confirmation? This seems very counter-intuitive to me. If you have two modes, one that allows global access and has full features, and the second that allows only local access with limited feature, it seems like it is the first one that you would want to add an extra security measure to, not the second.

Thanks.
justbeane
Coffee Admin

You can check the detailed guide on how to use Lite Mode here: http://forums.airdroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15895

If you only use AirDroid in Lite Mode, you don't need to sign in to AirDroid app on your phone, which means it's impossible to use AirDroid through web.airdroid.com.

As to the security part, you may check the articles here:
http://help.airdroid.com/customer/portal/articles/1301287-is-airdroid-secure-
http://help.airdroid.com/customer/portal/articles/1642081-about-https
Coffee
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235456

Latest Member: bani