Wrong file names in zip file

Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:02 pm in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
rayfung
OP

Wrong file names in zip file

I am using AirDroid web lite mode, and the encoding of zip is UTF-8 in AirDroid app settings.
After I downloaded zip of several files (those file name contains Chinese characters) and unzip it, the file names are corrupted.

AirDroid app version: 3.1.5.2
rayfung
Coffee Admin

Re: Wrong file names in zip file

I am using AirDroid web lite mode, and the encoding of zip is UTF-8 in AirDroid app settings.
After I downloaded zip of several files (those file name contains Chinese characters) and unzip it, the file names are corrupted.

AirDroid app version: 3.1.5.2
Web browser: Chrome 45 on Ubuntu 14.04
Can you attach the files here so that we can try again on our side? This happens to all files with Chinese characters or only happens to some specific files?
Coffee
Admin
rayfung

Can you attach the files here so that we can try again on our side? This happens to all files with Chinese characters or only happens to some specific files?
​This happens to all files with Chinese characters.

Update:
I found this is related to 7zip.
If I use "unzip" to decompress the zip file, the file names are correct.
But if I use "7z" to decompress the zip file, the file names are wrong.

Is this 7zip's bug?
Or
Does AirDroid generate the zip file which is incompatible with 7zip?
Attachments
correct_files.png
wrong.zip
(325.25 KB) Downloaded 65 times
rayfung
rayfung

PS:
I am using 7zip 9.20
The image above shows the correct original file names, and the zip file is also attached.
rayfung
Coffee Admin

PS:
I am using 7zip 9.20
The image above shows the correct original file names, and the zip file is also attached.

Try check the settings of 7z and locale?
Coffee
Admin
rayfung

Try check the settings of 7z and locale?

After changing $LANG environment variable to "C" instead of xxx.UTF-8, 7zip can recognize the file names correctly...........
rayfung
Coffee Admin

After changing $LANG environment variable to "C" instead of xxx.UTF-8, 7zip can recognize the file names correctly...........

Coffee
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235047

Latest Member: rishita Chanu

Online: 37