Invalid ZIP after export

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:28 pm in AirDroid Web

page 2 / 4 << 1, 2, 3, 4 >> go to
AntonRoge

Title

Holy Crap.
I just had this problem a couple of times today. I downloaded my pictures and videos files -- which was around 4 GB -- and had the "invalid zip" error message pop up every time.

I'm flaggergasted on how long this problem has gone apparently unresolved. I love Airdroid but this is a really really important feature that should get resolved right away. I even tried opening the zip file with 7-zip. I'm running windows 8. Classic mode.

PLEASE FIX THIS SOMEBODY!!
AntonRoge
CyrusGarb

Title

Come on, Airdroid has been such an amazing app for a long time, why can't you guys get more people to work on fixing this problem faster and keep it amazing?
CyrusGarb
CyrusGarb

Title

UPDATE: Guys I managed to fixed my zip file using a program called ZipRepair Pro (version 5.1). However, the zip file I downloaded has the right file size (around 200MB of photos), not the same as described by some of you guys (1KB or something). Go get the program I just mentioned, buy it, torrent it, whatever you gotta do - it's helped me repair the broken zip (Unexpected end of archive).

Good luck :)

P.S. I'm in no way associated with ZipRepair and nor do I get any commission for any copy sold. There might be other programs out there that does the same thing (or even better), but I tried this one first and it worked. I actually had my email client open and ready to send out a refund email in case the program doesn't work. Now I don't have to write that refund email :D
CyrusGarb
LVHAlfons

Title

Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience this have caused.
Our team will look into this and try to make improvements in future updates.
LVHAlfons
cvika

Title

I transferred some pictures and a folder with text files several unique times last night using AirDroid. The first zip I tried to transfer cited the "this file can not be opened. it seems to be an invalid archive." So I went to restart the download, and this time the zip folder had a different default name ("Photos" I believe). The Zip file downloaded successfully the second time and each subsequent time after that.

It seemed to me like I (or some other issue) interrupted the transfer of the zip that failed somehow. In my experience, I've had <25% failure rate for downloading zipped files.

I use AirDroid on Firefox 25.0.1 in conjunction with an unrooted Nexus 4 phone running Android 4.3.
cvika
longarche

Title

come on! when do you think to solve this issue??
longarche
Pjnedyiwthb

Title

Hello!
I am having the same issues with my S4 - I initially tried to download a folder to a ZIP file. No workey. So, then I tried to download the folder contents (a bunch of photos) to a ZIP file... No workey. I keep getting a ZIP file not valid/corrupted type of error. This was on a Win 8 computer...

... I tried it on an OSX Mavericks computer in Firefox (latest version) and all seems to have worked fine. Soooooooooooo.... what the heck????
Pjnedyiwthb
Pjnedyiwthb

Title

I also tried 7Zip and, at first, it looked like it was going to work. Then, it got held up and just had a ton of errors and stopped.
Pjnedyiwthb
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi all,
This issue may be caused by the encode mode.

We'll add a selection to allow you to switch from utf-8 to gbk.

Hope it can helps :)
LVHAlfons
CYUIM

Title

I've the same issue on S4 when I try to export a folder not in root. For example: I try to export the entire folder "root/mp3/folder1" and Airdroid exports a little invalid file; if I move the "folder1" folder or root (root/folder1) it's possibile to export it without invalidity problems. Please fix it.
CYUIM
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 2 / 4 << 1, 2, 3, 4 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235029

Latest Member: Feri Unyil

Online: 34