Wan Access?question

Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:58 pm in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
Ken
OP

Wan Access?

I have a situation where the LAN for the phone is different than the LAN for the desktop and they are connected via a WAN (work related issue), but I wish to use AirDroid web for remote sms. I know the connectivity in general works because if I use MightyText Web it communicates just fine with my phone in the same environment. When I try to connect via the web it just tells me it can't communicate. When I work from home, and the 2 devices are on the same LAN, it works fine. Is there a way to get it to support WAN connectivity, or am I stuck with MightyText Web for this capability (which I'm doing now... use AirDroid at home when on LAN, and MightyText Web when at work on the WAN).

Thanks!
Ken
Lillian Admin

Re: Wan Access?

I have a situation where the LAN for the phone is different than the LAN for the desktop and they are connected via a WAN (work related issue), but I wish to use AirDroid web for remote sms. I know the connectivity in general works because if I use MightyText Web it communicates just fine with my phone in the same environment. When I try to connect via the web it just tells me it can't communicate. When I work from home, and the 2 devices are on the same LAN, it works fine. Is there a way to get it to support WAN connectivity, or am I stuck with MightyText Web for this capability (which I'm doing now... use AirDroid at home when on LAN, and MightyText Web when at work on the WAN).

Thanks!

Hi Ken,
Kindly note that AirDroid supports remote connection mode (means phone and PC in different network). It seems there is something wrong with the enterprise network that causes connecting problem
Lillian
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235453

Latest Member: dd

Online: 43