Airdroid Web is a near-total failure.question

Tue May 16, 2017 4:10 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
EV
OP

Airdroid Web is a near-total failure.

My almost-sole use for Airdroid is to send texts from my PC. But virtually every time I try to use it, I get a "Network Error", and need to reload web.airdroid.com, then wait for the Messages box to reload and sync, then find the new recipient as I type it in, making me waste 30 seconds. 50 times a day, and that's a lot of wasted time.

At login, I asked to stay logged in, and have "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" set to "Always" on my Galaxy S7 with Android 7.0, and my laptop running Windows 10 Pro and Chrome browser. (Though I've had the same issue on earlier Samsung and Motorola phones with Android 4, 5, & 6.)

To no avail, I have tried everything suggested by Airdroid Admins at:
http://forums.airdroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15945 (Which, by the way, really, really needs to be updated to tell folks how to find WLAN sleep settings for their particular phone and Android version)
http://forums.airdroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15929
and many more.

MightyText and Pushbullet connect almost instantly when I load them and always stay connected. Whatsapp, too (though I realize that's not sending SMS messages.)

Why can't Airdroid Web regularly check to see if I'm connected, and automatically reconnect if necessary, BEFORE I type my message and only then learn that it won't be sent?

I really want to like Airdroid, but resent having paid for the premium version of a product that simply does not work. Especially when there are competing products that do this instantly and flawlessly, and also let me send and receive group texts and photos via MMS.

Is there any hope this will ever work for me? Anything at all I can do?

Thanks,
Ed
SandHills likes this post.
EV
EV

Re: Airdroid Web is a near-total failure.

OK, since I've NEVER received ANY response from Airdroid to any post or email asking for help.

Virtually EVERY time I go to use the airdroid web interface (the reason I installed Airdroid), I must reload the page (wait #1), wait for the messages interface to load (wait #2), then wait for the messages interface to be ready to find and accept a new text recipient (wait #3), by which time it would have been easier to go find my phone and send the text from the phone. (And I HATE texting from my phone, which is why I paid for Airdroid). Today alone, I've had to reload the page at least 30 times, half of them after I had already typed a message and it failed to go through.

So, can someone tell me what I need to do to get a REFUND of the almost 1 full year left on my subscription?

(Frankly, I think I should get everything I paid back, since it has NEVER worked properly and Airdroid has never responded to any of my requests for help)
EV
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876

Latest Member: Raz

Online: 73