SD card write issue

Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:39 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
Timson Robl
OP

SD card write issue

I'm having constant problems with uploading files from AirDroid Web (on Chrome, Windows 10) to Android 7.0 (Samsung Galaxy S7) device's external SD card. Although I set SD card write permissions I get "No SD card write permission" popout all the time. When this happens sometimes I have to navigate folder up and down in AirDroid Web file browser to get this fixed and sometimes I have to close AirDroid Web session and reconnect to my phone and then is works.
The most recent and easily replicatable instance of this problem is this:
  1. I try to upload 15 files 400 MB each to SD card folder by dragging them from windows explorer. On SD card there is 17 GB free space.
  2. 15 files appear in AirDroid Web transfer queue.
  3. First 3 files get Success status and all others - Failed
  4. No SD card write permission error pops up on AirDroid Web
  5. If I try to upload the rest of the files to SD card in this state I get immediate Failed state and No permission error without transfer even starting.
  6. If I close AirDroid Web tab and then reopen it and reconnect to device I go to point 1, where 2-3 files will succeed and all others will fail to transfer.
All transfers happen within LAN. Device don't loose connection to LAN mid-transfer - I checked it immediately after error and I still can browse all folders after it happens on remote client.
I can provide you any additional info if needed.
Timson Robl
Timson Robl

Re: SD card write issue

Update: I just ran some experiments and it seems the error always happens after the first file transfer is completed and there is a notifications about that.
So even if I upload just 1 file it will always succeed but any subsequent transfer will always fail instantly until I restart AirDroid Web session. If I send multiple files - the first batch will get through but as soon as there is a notification all others will fail.
Timson Robl
Niki Admin

Update: I just ran some experiments and it seems the error always happens after the first file transfer is completed and there is a notifications about that.
So even if I upload just 1 file it will always succeed but any subsequent transfer will always fail instantly until I restart AirDroid Web session. If I send multiple files - the first batch will get through but as soon as there is a notification all others will fail.
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for any inconvenience that you've experienced.

Would you please help us to clarify the issues by answering the following question?
1."So even if I upload just 1 file it will always succeed but any subsequent transfer will always fail instantly until I restart AirDroid Web session."
Is that AirDroid opening on your phone after first file successful transferred? Is that AirDroid on background?

2. Would you like to send us a screenshot of the error page for a further check?

3. Would you like to use desktop AirDroid in File management feature to see if it can successful transfer?

Feel free to let us know if you need further help.

Best regards,
Niki
Admin
Timson Robl

1. I assume that AirDroid is working in background in this state, because I can still navigate folders in AirDroid Web and can upload into internal memory. I just can't upload to SD card anymore until I restart session. There is "Ongoing session" notification displaying at this time. If I explicitly open AirDroid on device to foreground this doesn't change the behaviour.
2. Here is the screenshot:

3. I've installed AirDroid desktop and it doesn't have this problem so it's AirDroid Web specific.
However I don't wish to use AirDroid Desktop because of it's poorly designed UI: there is no drag and drop feature for uploading files from Windows Explorer and File upload selector dialogue seems to use very strange API and it seems to be the only program among doesens installed on my PC which doesn't support Listary. The combination of this factors makes usage of AirDroid Desktop too tedious.

P.S.: While running this tests for you I've discovered another AirDroid Web bug: if you create a folder on SD card via AirDroid Web you cannot upload files to it until you restart a session.
P.P.S. While writing this report I've discovered that image upload function in this forum is not working when I tried to upload 1064KB png image the image upload modal glitched and stopped responding.
P.P.P.S. I'm up for hire you you guys need some outsource testers ;)
Timson Robl
Niki Admin

1. I assume that AirDroid is working in background in this state, because I can still navigate folders in AirDroid Web and can upload into internal memory. I just can't upload to SD card anymore until I restart session. There is "Ongoing session" notification displaying at this time. If I explicitly open AirDroid on device to foreground this doesn't change the behaviour.
2. Here is the screenshot:
3. I've installed AirDroid desktop and it doesn't have this problem so it's AirDroid Web specific.
However I don't wish to use AirDroid Desktop because of it's poorly designed UI: there is no drag and drop feature for uploading files from Windows Explorer and File upload selector dialogue seems to use very strange API and it seems to be the only program among doesens installed on my PC which doesn't support Listary. The combination of this factors makes usage of AirDroid Desktop too tedious.

P.S.: While running this tests for you I've discovered another AirDroid Web bug: if you create a folder on SD card via AirDroid Web you cannot upload files to it until you restart a session.
P.P.S. While writing this report I've discovered that image upload function in this forum is not working when I tried to upload 1064KB png image the image upload modal glitched and stopped responding.
P.P.P.S. I'm up for hire you you guys need some outsource testers Image
Would you like to restart your phone and then to upload file on web again to see if it works.

If it still fail, would you please send us your log file of your phone so that we can give you a further check?
(Kindly note that there is no personal data collected and the required info is for further checking the issue.)
You can find the log files here:
Phone:
/sdcard/airdroid/exception.log
SD Card/Android/data/com.sand.airdroid/files/
SD card/Android/data/com.sand.airdroid/files/main.log

If this issue showed up on Apr 11, then please forward files named by 2018411 to us.

You can send the log file to our official mailbox(support@airdroid.com).

Always feel free to contact us if you need any assistance.

Best regards,
Niki
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876

Latest Member: Raz

Online: 63