Air Droid over wifi tether

Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:24 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
fergusoa
OP

Air Droid over wifi tether

I'm trying to connect to my phone's mobile hot spot, but air-droid won't start unless wifi is on (and tethering is off).( Android 2.3.3 on a Samsumg Captivate)

Any ideas?
fergusoa
careless_whisper

Title

It must be hardcoded. I've done that thing with SwiFTP before, so it's not a limit.
careless_whisper
philmenta

Title

I'm having the same issue which is disappointing because I specifically downloaded AirDroid to use while tethering. AirDroid is a wonderful application so I really hope this problem gets resolved soon! (Nexus One running CyanogenMod 7.1)
philmenta
careless_whisper

Title

Well, this one is actually pretty funny.
Start AirDroid and press your menu button. There's tethering mode! But it has to be enabled in Android settings first.
And it works well ;-) .
careless_whisper
philmenta

Title

Wow, I can't believe I missed that. Thanks for sharing this! Perhaps the developers will take note and make the tethering mode toggle a little more prominent.
philmenta
airdroidAdmin Admin

Title

Hi, thanks for all your feedback. We've noticed this issue and will try to see if there is better solution to this. :)
airdroidAdmin
Admin
toban

Title

hi folks - thanks so much for this thread, I had this question and you've answered it...
for developers
- its definitely an opportunity to tidy up interface for this functionaility as its great it got it but its currently hidden.
- this is good app and one of the very best I've seen for visual design - well done!
toban
Mainspring

Title

Thanks for this! :D The wifi network here is a little slow, and I didn't want to use it up even more. This is really, really useful.

Thanks again!
Mainspring
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235433

Latest Member: Amir eldar

Online: 33