killing the task. Opening the app puts the AirDroid icon in my
notification tray and there used to be a start/stop button that has
since disappeared. Am I missing something? If not why would you remove
this critical feature?

Keep up the good work otherwise!
elguezio
jpmi23

Title

See earlier thread titled "Exiting AirDroid on ICS". As I wrote there: I had signed up a while back as a possible beta tester, and I was sent 1.0.5 before it was released. I sent an email to the devs expressing my concern that - unlike 1.0.4 - there was no obvious way to turn the server off. No response, so I deleted 105, reinstalled 104, and I won't be "upgrading" until the user-friendly "stop server" button is restored....
jpmi23
AdsBot [Google]

Title

Will soon release an update to fix this.
AdsBot [Google]
beholder

Title

This is super annoying, please fix.
beholder
JongKwanYeom

Title

Please do. But apart from that, so far I'm very impressed, thanks!
JongKwanYeom
lenryd

Title

Yes, please add this back in. Also very impressed with your app! Thank you!
lenryd
Patrickgoll

Title

Answer:
If you open "Airdroid" you'll see that you have to go to a website and use the QR-code. If you simply press "back" on your phone it will ask you if you want to exit this app. Click 'yes' and you'll see in your notification that the app disappears. So there shouldn't be a problem anymore with this :)
Patrickgoll
mirul97

Title

Still really not user friendly as it is not very obvious how to end it.
How about a disconnect button. Or window in the app even?
mirul97
tatiana26

Title

If there is an active connection to AirDroid, the URL and Passcode section is replaced with a Disconnect button fairly quickly. And when the browser tab is closed, disconnecting from the device, the URLs and a new Passcode pop up after just a moment.

I didn't know about AirDroid before a few days ago, and therefore never saw the Exit button in the previous version; however, the standard Android exit action is to press the global back button (usually from the application's home/default screen). I personally don't think that there needs to be an exit button in the main window (would likely make if feel cluttered to me). I do think that a nice enhancement would be to add a disconnect and/or exit button to the notification to quickly manage AirDroid if you no longer have the application center stage.
tatiana26
popcooper

Title

Exit the application
popcooper
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235022

Latest Member: Mobile Pasha