Error "Failed to connect. Make sure your device is connected to a same WiFi network"

Thu May 31, 2012 7:28 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 6 << 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 >> go to
bernardos70
OP

Error "Failed to connect. Make sure your device is connected to a same WiFi network"

Hello everyone!
New to the forum, and as bad as I feel to come here and with my first post talk about a bug, I am here to do exactly that!
Got a simple network setup here, PC connected to wireless router, phone connected to the same wireless router. I can ping the phone from my Windows 7 PC, and http://ipaddress worked before, along with http://web.airdroid.com.
I tried for the second time today after this update and it doesn't work anymore! I can still ping the phone, but I get the error showing up in yellow at the top of the screen almost instantly, as soon as I scan the QR code: "Failed to connect. Make sure your device is connected to a same WiFi network." Trying the password instead of the QR code yields the same exact error.
My phone is a T-mobile USA HTC One S. The PC is a fairly well spec'd Windows 7 Premium machine. Router is a standard WRT54G.
Do you guys have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this? I currently do not have access to other network configurations, as this is my work PC at my office, but I would really like for it to work as it did previously!
Thanks in advance for any help!
Bernardo
bernardos70
Lu_Ca

Title

I should note I am using Opera. It works on IE apparently. So at least that! But I really hate IE... do you guys think you'll make a version that is Opera tested?
Best Regards
Bernardo
Lu_Ca
dagoke

Title

Same problem over here (Galaxy Nexus, Android 4.0.4) connecting to a ThinkPad T520 running openSUSE 12.1 and Firefox 12. Both are in the same network, but fail to connect.
dagoke
SkoreK

Title

Seconded that! Im using Samsung Galaxy S II with ICS and it worked perfectly, sudenly im getting same error on mine ThinkPad R61, using win7 64bit. Opera or IE or Chrome, it just doesnt work :/ And yes im on same wifi. Anyone got some ideas where is the problem? If i try to connect by IP it shows, that site doesnt exists o.O
SkoreK
Lu_Ca

Title

can you ping your phone? (start>run>type cmd>type ping web.airdroid.com and see if you get a reply)
if you can't, then there is a connection problem between your pc and phone, maybe a firewall?
Lu_Ca
dagoke

Title

I tried a different Browser (konqueror) and the IP-address instead of the address name, and I ws on a different network. This time it worked...
dagoke
Pedja

Title

Mine cannot connect with opera using either methods. ping checked
Pedja
luzzd

Title

Same trouble with tablet casper android 4.0.3, ubuntu 12.04 and window 7 both 32 bit. Working good with samsung galaxy I android 2.3.6 and same OS on Pc
luzzd
VRFariaz

Title

Hello everyone,
I'm not sure to do the right thing here ...
Connection Samsung galaxy plus with Notebook, Win 7 / PC, Win 7, both firefox: One time it works, than never. Don't know why ...
Somebody can me help?
Thanks!
nutze.die.zeit
VRFariaz

Title

I have the same problem. The first time I used it on my Galaxy Nexus with Chrome, it worked great. But after the 1st use, I am not able to get it working again. Not even on firefox. Please fix this problem
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 6 << 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235390

Latest Member: Lê Tấn Cường

Online: 20