Error "Failed to connect. Make sure your device is connected to a same WiFi network"

Thu May 31, 2012 7:28 am in AirDroid Web

page 5 / 6 << 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 >> go to
Maria90

Title

My issues were somewhat fixed by using manual channel setting on my router but this isn't a sustainable solution. What's causing this issue and how can we get around it?
Maria90
Maria90

Title

My issues were somewhat fixed by using manual channel setting on my
router but this isn't a sustainable solution. What's causing this issue
and how can we get around it?
Maria90
elisimpson

Title

Had airdroid for a while now, always worked like a charm, never a problem until i decided to update the version and now it won't connect, either with the access code or the QR.
I tried re-installing and still nothing. Same error everyone's getting "Failed to connect. Make sure your device is connected to a same WiFi network". Tried different browsers as well with the same result.

I hope someone from Airdroid steps up with a solution, cause for what I've been reading here they haven't just yet and it's quite frustrating!
elisimpson
elisimpson

Title

Had airdroid for a while now, always worked like a charm, never a problem until i decided to update the version and now it won't connect, either with the access code or the QR.
I tried re-installing and still nothing. Same error everyone's getting "Failed to connect. Make sure your device is connected to a same WiFi network". Tried different browsers as well with the same result.

I hope someone from Airdroid steps up with a solution, cause for what I've been reading here they haven't just yet and it's quite frustrating!
elisimpson
nikolaesku

Title

Same problem here.

Stats:
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
Browser: Firefox 16.0.1/ IE 9.0.10
Local Wireless IP's:
192.168.118.36 (phone)
192.168.118.39 (Win7)
192.168.118.38 (WinXP)

This thread has been open for 6 months without any official response. That is just terrible.
Maybe i should start rating it on the Play store warning everyone that it's broken?

If you can't fix it yet, that's fine. just let us know.
nikolaesku
bmueller123

Title

I don't think the problem is with AirDroid, I think the problem is caused by Android, as stated by PBX_g33k

I used the procedure given in the following blog post to get AirDroid working again after the error message was displayed:

http://fitzcarraldoblog.wordpress.com/2012/10/25/airdroid-a-handy-android-app-for-managing-your-phone-from-linux/
bmueller123
bmueller123

Title

Deleted: duplicate post.
bmueller123
bmueller123

Title

Deleted: duplicate post.
bmueller123
lostforest23

Title

Hey everyone, I found one workaround on this. I have EasyTether on my phone and computer. I connected my phone to the wifi, and then directly tethered my computer to my phone. I started tethering, using my phone as a connection point between me and the router (computer wifi off). I was able to connect just fine only then. Once I went back to wirelessly connecting, it wouldn't work. I don't know if that helps shed light on the problem, but I thought it might be useful if it gives someone any ideas. I haven't been able to find any other workarounds that work for me. HTC Rezound (ICS) on Verizon.
lostforest23
LeviOty

Title

Windows 8 x64. Huawei Honor Android 4.0.3. D-Link Dir-400. Just reboot the router. It worked. :D (Google Translate)
LeviOty
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 5 / 6 << 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235541

Latest Member: shahi

Online: 54