Connection to Airdroid problem : solved with a simple solution and a common mistake.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:04 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
laser
OP

Connection to Airdroid problem : solved with a simple solution and a common mistake.

Guys.. I have spent months trying to connect to Airdroid on my laptop.. tried different browsers.. then tried disabling firewall on my modem-router... then tried changing wifi channel... everything but nothing helped.. It was always a timeout message on my browser while connecting to my phone..
then i found a very stupid mistake of mine... I use Belkin router.. many of these routers like belkin have two different passwords in their settings.. One is a guest password which we all regularly use and share if required.. and then there is a second password too.. the difference between the two is that the Guest password only allows you to use the internet connection but does not allow you to use the local network while the the other password gives that right to the device..

So when i realized this .. i just logged in again on my laptop and phone with this other password and the aordroid connection started within seconds.. It was so simple !!

This really helped me.. I dont know how many of people here with connection problems actually know this of two passwords.. those who dont know.. give it a try.. It might just work !!
laser
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235472

Latest Member: Bax

Online: 105