airdroid with different networks.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:23 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
bonethugs
OP

airdroid with different networks.

Hi, I was trying to make airdroid work with different networks but I couldn't.

I have the following scenario:

PC connected to lan via cable (work connection)
Android phone connected to wifi (user connection)

The networks are completely different (different netmask, different ip range, etc.)

First, I've connected wifi in android phone and connected via vpn no my work net (having a 10.x.x.x ip, not a 192.168.x.x) so I'm in the same network as my computer (has 10.x.x.x ip) but airdroid recognizes my ip as an 192.168.x.x not a 10.x.x.x.

So I tried in a different way.

I've made a reverse tethering getting a 10.x.x.x ip in my wlan0 interface, but airdroid still detects it as an 192.168.x.x ip. I don't now where airdroid gets that ip but it gets a wrong ip.

Somebody knows how could I do to make airdroid working in different networks?

Thanks.
bonethugs
enigma9119

Title

Similar problem for me at the office. WiFi is seperate from our LAN. I was hoping by having the phone VPN to the office network it would solve the problem, but the AirDroid app still only sees the WiFi network and not the VPN network. (I can use the VPN office network just fine with other applications.)
enigma9119
diablos

Title

I have a similar issue. Its the same network, but not actually since wifi is different netmask, ip range, etc. from the LAN network the PC is plugged into.

What is the best way to get this working properly in this scenario? Surely there is a way.
diablos
oceanway06

Title

Same problem for me.
My laptop and phone are in different Wi-Fi networks here in the office, with different IP address ranges.
oceanway06
blacklook92

Title

Same probleme here. My PC is connected to my company's LAN, and my phone is connected to our employee wi-fi.
Any help would be greatly appreciated - otherwise I'll have to uninstall the app and look elsewhere.
blacklook92
robezno

Title

My work PC and work WiFi are in different ranges and I can connect to my phone fine via WiFi in Lite mode.
If you can't connect from one range to the other range in Lite mode, then it may be that your office network administrator has restricted network access between the ranges.

If you bring up a command prompt on your phone, can you ping your desktop's IP?
On your computer, can you ping your phone's IP?
robezno
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235389

Latest Member: manu

Online: 27