Service continously disconnecting

Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:37 pm in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 4 << 1, 2, 3, 4 >> go to
TheJungle
OP

Service continously disconnecting

I want to use the service continously. So I have it opened still in my browser, and after longer period of time when I dont use it, it disconnects itself. When I try e.g. send the sms, it says service is disconnected by device. I use hotspot created with my laptop. Whats wrong? :(
PS. It would be great to have ability to change the wallpaper. :)
Regards
TheJungle
Ostrava4

Title

ANYONE??!?!?!?!
Ostrava4
goodevilgenius

Title

I second that.

After every sent message airdroid is disconnected instantly with "Device not responding".

Ubuntu with FF and Nexus S (Android 4.1.1 Stock non-rooted) connecting via local network and https
goodevilgenius
goodevilgenius

Title

This bug is obviously fixed with the latest Update. Thanks a lot, Airdroid Team. At least for me it is now working perfectly again!
goodevilgenius
goodevilgenius

Title

Unfortunately the bug appeared again. After texting someone the browser shows "device not responding" after hitting the "reload"-Button.

Any help would be appreciated!
goodevilgenius
goodevilgenius

Title

May I add: After cleaning the cache everything seems to work fine again. Maybe it should be checked if this effects more users
goodevilgenius
daniobunda

Title

Does this happen when the phone is locked (screen turned of).
Android kills by default some processes when the phone has been in locked state for a certain period of time. This can be turned of in the settings as far as i know.

I haven't had any troubles with this or a similar bug/issue. If something similar happens, i'll do some testing and post feedback.

Sidenote: I have airdroid running 8,5 hours a day (in one go) during work and have a pinned tab connected to the device. Testing would be a matter of time
daniobunda
goodevilgenius

Title

Thank you for your reply, PBX_g33k!
Indeed this happens when the screen turns off. But after clearing the cache the connection is kept alive even when the screen turns off.

To me it does not seem to be correlated.
Before I cleared the cache I tried the setting that the screen should not be turned off when Airdroid is active. The device disconnected anyway right after sending a message.
goodevilgenius
daniobunda

Title

Hmm, that sounds odd. If something like that would happen to me i would wireshark the ** out of the packets exchanged between my client and the phone, but i just send two messages via airdroid (one ~20 char and one ~300 char), but my client didn't dc.
Have you tried another browser?

I am running airdroid 1.0.9beta on a Galaxy SIII and my client is a Win7 with Chromium (Rockmelt). Not a single problem here.

I will test this out in Firefox/IE/Chrome/Opera and Safari when i have free time today.
daniobunda
goodevilgenius

Title

Thank you very much for your effort, PBX_g33k!
I don't have many browsers to chose from. Opera is not supported yet and Chrome is not an option for me. I could make some experiments with IE the next time I boot Win7 to figure out if it is something special about Firefox.
First I'm going to try to use a plain Firefox without plugins. Maybe one of those is responsible for that behavior?
goodevilgenius
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 4 << 1, 2, 3, 4 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235387

Latest Member: JamieC1

Online: 24