web.airdroid.com in windows 8?

Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:51 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
Laser007
OP

web.airdroid.com in windows 8?

Has anybody tried to use airdroid on a windows 8 computer?
I fail to connect - android phone and computer are ons same wifi network.
Laser007
addyroi

Title

It seems there is problem on Windows 8.
I have two operating systems on my laptop: Ubuntu and Windows 8.
On Ubuntu everything works perfectly fine (browser: Google Chrome,phone: airdroid 1.1.0 on Samsung Galaxy S).
On Windows 8 after typing password browser endlessly tries to connect with phone with no success (browser: Google Chrome, airdroid 1.1.0 on Samsung Galaxy S).
addyroi
dapidc

Title

I agree with the others. On Windows XP, Vista, and 7, I've had no issues connecting using either the passcode, predetermined passcode, or QR code. I've used both Chrome and Firefox. However in using Windows 8 I cannot connect whatsoever. I've tried a static IP, I've turned off all firewalls, I've used Chrome and Firefox to no avail. Any ideas?
dapidc
mohammadseven

Title

I solved this. What I did was installing Chrome at the Windows 8 Desktop and this browser works great to connect from my Windows 8 desktop to the phone/Tablet using AirDroid.
mohammadseven
abujoj1985wb

Title

I have problem whit win8.... I don't connect whit Chrome and airdroid!
abujoj1985wb
MarwanHKhalifa

Title

Windows 8 will not connect my galaxy S3:
On either IE or Chrome - the following happens:
1) IP method or web.airdroid - the browser just sits there after pressing enter.
2) with QR code - it just says "Success connecting" and refreshes the QR on the browser.

I have never had a problem with Airdroid on any other device/system.
MarwanHKhalifa
MarwanHKhalifa

Title

Update:
The latest Airdroid won't work on Windows 7 on both my phones, so it seems to unrelated to Win8.
MarwanHKhalifa
MarwanHKhalifa

Title

OK. Simple answer - reset the router.

It made sense. Same problem, two phones, two computers: common item - the wifi network. :-)

All now working.
MarwanHKhalifa
PeterKoni

Title

i'm using it on windows 8 and it works perfectly, if i manually unlock the phone. if i try to access it completely hands-free it says it's trying to connect and just hangs.
PeterKoni
SophiaEmm

Title

rahman
SophiaEmm
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235019

Latest Member: lying lichen