Incorrectly displayed IP when using USB tether.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:29 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
Haggisfarm
OP

Incorrectly displayed IP when using USB tether.

Just tried to set up a USB tether for the first time, found that the IP address displayed on the app was not the correct IP address for the link. I had to open the command prompt on my PC and find the actual IP address of the gateway (my phone) before I could connect to AirDroid. I'm not sure where AirDroid got that IP address from, as it's not even in the same subset, let alone class, of the IP address my phone actually had.
Haggisfarm
airdroidAdmin Admin

Title

Sorry for the issue. The following phone specs may help us troubleshoot it:
phone model:
phone OS:

airdroidAdmin
Admin
bmbaker

Title

How could I find my USB tethering Android device's IP with my mac ? everything is working just fine with Wifi, but I cannot get connected to the IP displayed by the Airdroid USB tethering...
SE x10 2.3.3 - mac OS 10.7.2
bmbaker
sv1l

Title

I just cannot connect to USB tethering on the IP displayed by the tethering mode on AirDroid.I closed all firewalls on both devices, even little snitch, and have no response from the IP address given by AirDroid in any browser

http://192.168.42.129:8888 is not responding.

sv1l
airdroidAdmin Admin

Title

@
RRenaud Is the USB tethering working? e.g. Can you visit other websites using your android's connection via USB tethering?
airdroidAdmin
Admin
sv1l

Title

Hello Tom, thanks for your interestI cannot connect my Mac using USB tethering either, I just tried almost everything with the network prefs panel to get it to work, it just do not want to connect.
Any idea ?

sv1l
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235020

Latest Member: janny

Online: 33