How to use wired and wifi connection simultaneously for different things

Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:00 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1

Notice:
AirDroid forum has stopped maintance, feel free to visit Help Center to submit feedback.

seventies
OP

How to use wired and wifi connection simultaneously for different things

On my work laptop, I have IE, Firefox and chrome. I would like to use Chrome exclusively for Airdroid.

My laptop uses a wired connection but has wifi capability. There is no wifi in the building, so I use my phone’s wifi hotspot and connect to it with the laptop. I have confirmed that this works at home on my personal laptop.

When I’m trying to use Airdroid at work, though, I can’t connect and it appears to be because of the wired connection being heavily firewalled. Entering the password doesn’t log me in, and the QR code won’t load either. If I disconnect the wired connection (so that the laptop has only the wifi connection to use), then Airdroid works.

So the only problem is that when I go to web.airdroid.com the laptop is using the wired connection when I want it to use the wifi connection. How do I tell the computer to continue to use the wired connection for everything, but use the wifi just for Chrome?
seventies
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

26318 posts

7492 threads

Members: 191872

Latest Member: nitika

Online: 7