SMS > 160 character showing up in browser with exclamation point instead of splitting and sending

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:13 am in AirDroid Web

page 3 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to
Dannielle

Title

For me, using the last CM11 nightly, a recent Airdroid update solved the issue. The only problem remaining: the SMS is received in one part, but appears to be sent as multiple small (160 chars) sms.
So the recipient reads a large SMS (fine), but the sender can only see small pieces of his sent SMS.
Dannielle
paulettexm16

Title

I'm experiencing an issue where my Samsung Note 3 stock ROM always splits messages longer than 160 characters. Tried the Fix SMS option, also tried with Handcent SMS and the Stock SMS app as default, same behaviour. The strangest thing is that first sms is always split at 68 characters and the rest at 67. I would be more than happy to provide access to the device one way or another.
paulettexm16
quiltchord4

Title

I am a Huge fan of AirDroid. I had Samsung Galaxy S3 until month ago, android 4.2 I think, used to send SMS-es even 2000+ characters long, worked like a charm, Now, nexus 5, android 4.4, and splits into multiple short sms-es :(
quiltchord4
headselect2

Title

Hi,

would you please check this link for more information about long SMS split into multiple short SMS:
http://help.airdroid.com/customer/portal/articles/1653903

Feel free to contact us if you need any help.Thanks.
headselect2
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 3 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235467

Latest Member: hard

Online: 32