Mounted Hard Drive Troubleshooting?

Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:35 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
ChrisM
OP

Mounted Hard Drive Troubleshooting?

I've just started using AirDroid and have run into a snag. I have a 3 TB hard drive connected to my android device, but my SD card is only 4 GB. I can connect/ transfer/ edit files and folders on the USB mount just fine, but when attempting to transfer files larger than 4GB, I get an error that there isn't enough room on my SD card. Is there any way to change settings or trick Airdroid into allowing the larger transfers?
ChrisM
MrCentre

Title

Having same issue. Any solutions?
MrCentre
guitarzombie

Title

Which file system is on the hard drive? If it is FAT32 then this is a limitation of the file system: no file can be longer than 4GB. If you change format to NTFS, than most probably you will not be able to access it through Android. As far as I know you need additional software and root rights on Android to access NTFS file system.
guitarzombie
MrCentre

Title

I can access my 2 TB ntfs drive for files less than the size of the internal sd, 4.4 gb. Anything bigger, says there is not enough space. I'm assuming because it copies to the internal space than to the external USB. But I'm wondering if there is a way to directly drop to my external.
MrCentre
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235020

Latest Member: janny

Online: 41