Service stopped by device

Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:09 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
cableghost
OP

Service stopped by device

When I switched to AirDroid 2, I will receive the error message 'Service stopped by device.' within 15 mins after successful connection. I did not have this issue in previous version.
cableghost
justibo

Title

Ditto! Fantastic app, if not for the constant disconnecting.
justibo
markat2k

Title

I may add that this occurs with and w/o Power Saving option disabled.
markat2k
brett7230

Title

This is definitely a problem. Damn thing keeps shutting off when I least expect it. It's starting to really bug me.
brett7230
hsn

Title

Yup same here, I am connected through "Lite" mode and its constantly displaying "Service stopped by device" every few minutes in my browser. I also cannot seem to connect in Lite mode through HTTPS either for some reason, I DMZ'd the phone on a secondary WIFI network giving it access to my wired LAN, and I can connect through HTTP but no S ='[ even with the port change. I have tried this with the phone on charge only at the moment and with power savings on as my battery needs to charge. I love all of the features this app supports! But this issue is kind of a deal breaker, As I cannot upload files larger than 2 GB to my phone (I use my phone as a personal USB storage device aswell through clockwork mod) which is the main reason I use airdroid... Please fix this issue or update on anything I could be doing wrong.

I am using a rooted HTC One X on Android 4.1.1

Thanks.
hsn
jaychow1

Title

I just want to add 'ditto' .. started happening when new version 2 was released.
jaychow1
Chief

Title

Same problem here. It takes about 1-3 seconds to register that the phone has stopped the connection. No firewall in place. Can you guys please fix this?
Chief
andyjp81

Title

I too am having this problem. No Power Savings Mode Enabled either.
andyjp81
jaychow1

Title

With some scant testing, the problem seems to be worse under firefox than google chrome.
jaychow1
markat2k

Title

v2 May 2nd update seems to only prolong the time before receiving the 'Service...' message, regardless of power-related option in settings. I reverted back to v1 a few days back and everything worked as it should...guess I'll revert back again.
markat2k
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235045

Latest Member: mdsuhag

Online: 34