Not Working on Nexus 7

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:40 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
cor_e
OP

Not Working on Nexus 7

Just got my Nexus 7 and AirDroid does not seem to work on it. It does work fine on my Galaxy Nexus which is also running Jelly bean. For some reason the it does not display the code needed to connect, and since the 7 doesnt have a camera on the back i cannot scan the QR code. Has anyone else got this to work
cor_e
daddylonglegs

Title

Did you make sure that it downloaded to your nexus 7 and not to your galaxy nexus? If it did download to your nexus 7 then I would just try to uninstall it, restart everything and then reinstall it. The display code works on my nexus 7.
daddylonglegs
tg77

Title

Version 1.0.7beta works wonderfully on my Nexus7. Only issue is the camera for scanning the QR - when I try to scan the code I just get a black screen since there is no back camera. But after I use the code it works!
tg77
Alex1501

Title

Can't get it to work with my Nexus 7. Going a little crazy with this... seems like there's supposed to be a 192.168 address generated in addition? I never see that, all I get is a QR code plus a passcode, but I can't *get* anywhere on my computer.

I am using latest version of Firefox on Ubuntu 11.10, and a Nexus 7.

I've opened up the Airdroid App on the Nexus 7, and then from my computer, opened up web.airdroid.com.
I get a QR code (which I can't scan in, no back camera), plus a passcode. Now what? The instructions seem to imply I should use the browser on the Nexus 7 to log into the 192.168.xxx.xxx:8888 address along with the passcode, but I never get a 192* ip address. If I go to the web.airdroid.com on the Chrome browser on the nexus, I do log in, but... this can't work? This wouldn't transfer files from the computer to the nexus back and forth, would it? I'd need for this to be on the computer, not on the android... I feel like I'm missing something completely obvious, but I've looked all over, and there's no specific 192 address given. Maybe I should try scanning the damn QR with my iphone to see where that goes :-P
Alex1501
Alex1501

Title

No, scanning the QR with something else did not provide me with anything usable that I could type in anywhere on my computer or the nexus.
Alex1501
Alex1501

Title

Never mind. I finally figured it out. Would be helpful if it used the front camera since the Nexus has no back camera.
Alex1501
tobbemannen92

Title

how did you figure it out? the camera doesn't work for me
tobbemannen92
tobbemannen92

Title

oh nevermind i just restarted it
tobbemannen92
SusanPgq

Title

I'm using google chrome and the address that's a list of numbers won't load on my pc, also when trying to scan the code my screen goes black and even holding the front camera up to the code yields no response.
maybeangel - what is this code you've got?
SusanPgq
kosista

Title

I don't understand why the front facing camera on the Nexus 7 can't be used for scanning the QR code.
kosista
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235561

Latest Member: home

Online: 84