Lost/lock/wipe phone?

Tue May 07, 2013 2:31 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
Vlayke
OP

Lost/lock/wipe phone?

I don't seem to be able to find where I can mark phone a lost, where I can remotely lock it or where I can wipe it.
It is something that is marked as one of the main features but it eludes me where in the web interface I could actually do that.

Can you point me in the proper direction?

HTC One X, Androind 4.1.1
Vlayke
yamstarstevo

Title

i've got similar question. How do we locate the lost phone that's not connected to the internet? One cannot assume lost/stolen phone is on and connected at all time to wifi or 3g network. In that case, it would be helpful to get a registration of the locations that the phone is connected to the network, possibly in the last 24 hours.

Also, if the phone is not connected, then we can't get to the AirDroid console on the browser. How can we correct that?
yamstarstevo
Eli39

Title

Same question, how to activate the wipe or lost feature if the phone is not running airdroid or was not launched.
Eli39
jojo1717

Title

There is an SMS activation for some other apps like "where's my droid". This app gives great control to find your phone and wipe it or make it make a noise via SMS commands.
I had ASSUMED that Airdroid also could do that...but I'm not sure.
If Airdroid does, I'd like to know more about it. If Airdroid doesn't allow for some SMS commands for this I think they should add them....so many apps out there are just THAT close from being perfect.

If it turns out Airdroid can't use SMS commands to wipe, it would be wise to use "wheres my droid" or another app for a more certain method to wipe the phone.
Save contacts in a google account to use for your droid only and every month export a contacts file to another device...PC or something. So you don't have to worry about consequences of wiping your phone if you think it might be lost.

That's just my 2 cents. I dropped "where's my droid" after getting Airdroid but now I'm realizing that no SMS commands might be a prob so we'll see.

Cheers.
jojo1717
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235397

Latest Member: jakel walker

Online: 21