Photo download from phone to PC via web browser

Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:03 am in AirDroid App

page 1 / 1
attila
OP

Photo download from phone to PC via web browser

Hello & thanks for your hard work! :)

I noticed that when I download more photos at once, the process is slower than downloading them one by one. What I mean here is, that the AirDroid App builds a .zip file first which takes time + phone processing time + eats up a little battery (as of zipping) + if there's not enough space on the sd card, I wonder what would happen? :)

My suggestion would be to have the zip built with a zero % compression rate. OR ... let us choose that compression rate in the settings of the AirDroid App?

To back myself up a little, today I've downloaded two bunch of photos from my device:
1st 29 photos totalling 54.7 MB (zipped it's only 53.7 MB)
2nd 62 photos totalling 143.2 MB (zipped it's only 140.7 MB)
I am wondering if the zipping process makes any (significant) difference in the size of the downloaded file? .jpg is already compressed :)

Thanks for considering my request.
attila
Coffee Admin

Re: Photo download from phone to PC via web browser

Hello & thanks for your hard work! Image

I noticed that when I download more photos at once, the process is slower than downloading them one by one. What I mean here is, that the AirDroid App builds a .zip file first which takes time + phone processing time + eats up a little battery (as of zipping) + if there's not enough space on the sd card, I wonder what would happen? Image

My suggestion would be to have the zip built with a zero % compression rate. OR ... let us choose that compression rate in the settings of the AirDroid App?

To back myself up a little, today I've downloaded two bunch of photos from my device:
1st 29 photos totalling 54.7 MB (zipped it's only 53.7 MB)
2nd 62 photos totalling 143.2 MB (zipped it's only 140.7 MB)
I am wondering if the zipping process makes any (significant) difference in the size of the downloaded file? .jpg is already compressed Image

Thanks for considering my request.

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I've collected your suggestion and we'll consider it in future updates :)
attila likes this post.
Coffee
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235446

Latest Member: Ebru İbis

Online: 54