Why can I not download videos with an SD card mounted on my phone?question

Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:55 am in AirDroid App

page 1 / 1
Jim_Kirk1
OP

Why can I not download videos with an SD card mounted on my phone?

I have had little problems with AirDroid as of recently, downloading 14 videos totaling 2.3 gigabytes with no issue. Today was different, though. I had recently acquired a Samsung 32-gigabyte SD card, and mounted it onto my Blu R1 HD phone. With that in mind, I attempted to download a video from my computer that I had downloaded from YouTube. Why, you might ask, would you take a roundabout method? Well, direct linking from my computer to my phone did not bring up the menu that is supposed to occur. All of the video-downloading apps I have tried (over a dozen) do not support YouTube downloads or are so riddled with ads they are worthless. Keeping that little tidbit in mind, I went through the standard process I went through the other times to download from my computer to my phone. I hit my first roadblock. I had to provide the external SD route for the app to go through. I accidentally tapped through it all, but did not have any more issues in that aspect. It then told me to find the external SD card. I could not find it, but was successful in a second attempt. In the instruction blip that automatically popped up, it told me to press "Select SD Card", which should pop up at the bottom of the page. I checked, but only found a "Select" button that only brought me back to the instructions. All attempts I can concoct have failed. Exiting the app and trying again, ejecting and re-mounting the SD, and simply ejecting the SD and trying to download.

I have not had a problem with this app before, but with this serious issue prohibiting my ease of use to this wonderful feature, I may have no choice but to use some other method, and no longer use this app.

If anyone can help, please let me know. It would be appreciated.
Jim_Kirk1
Lillian Admin

Re: Why can I not download videos with an SD card mounted on my phone?

I have had little problems with AirDroid as of recently, downloading 14 videos totaling 2.3 gigabytes with no issue. Today was different, though. I had recently acquired a Samsung 32-gigabyte SD card, and mounted it onto my Blu R1 HD phone. With that in mind, I attempted to download a video from my computer that I had downloaded from YouTube. Why, you might ask, would you take a roundabout method? Well, direct linking from my computer to my phone did not bring up the menu that is supposed to occur. All of the video-downloading apps I have tried (over a dozen) do not support YouTube downloads or are so riddled with ads they are worthless. Keeping that little tidbit in mind, I went through the standard process I went through the other times to download from my computer to my phone. I hit my first roadblock. I had to provide the external SD route for the app to go through. I accidentally tapped through it all, but did not have any more issues in that aspect. It then told me to find the external SD card. I could not find it, but was successful in a second attempt. In the instruction blip that automatically popped up, it told me to press "Select SD Card", which should pop up at the bottom of the page. I checked, but only found a "Select" button that only brought me back to the instructions. All attempts I can concoct have failed. Exiting the app and trying again, ejecting and re-mounting the SD, and simply ejecting the SD and trying to download.

I have not had a problem with this app before, but with this serious issue prohibiting my ease of use to this wonderful feature, I may have no choice but to use some other method, and no longer use this app.

If anyone can help, please let me know. It would be appreciated.

Hi, Sorry to hear that
Would you pls try the following to see if it helps.
1 Settings on your phone-->Applications-->Applications manager-->AirDroid-->Clear data-->OK.

2 Open AirDroid on your phone-->Files-->External SD, then you will get a popup to remind you to tell the external SD card path, click"OK".

3 Then you will see a screen below. Click the line "Select XXXXXXXX(the exact external SD card path on your phone)" in the bottom.

4 Then you will see the screen of the external SD card content,

Then back to the AirDroid main screen, and open "Files" "External SD" again, and you will be able to see and edit the external SD.
Lillian
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235029

Latest Member: Feri Unyil

Online: 19