AirMirror not working with Samsung Galaxy Prime Core/KitKat 4.4.4question

Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:03 pm in AirDroid App

page 1 / 1
DrWu
OP

AirMirror not working with Samsung Galaxy Prime Core/KitKat 4.4.4

I can't get AirMirror (greatest invention since pop-top beer cans) to work on my Samsung Galaxy Prime Core (SM-S820L, Kit-Kat 4.4.4, TracFone) running a custom ROM (rooted, optimized, DeKNOXed, DeBloated, etc, etc). I'm currently running AirDroid v3.4.1.0 server and v4.1.1.1 client. USB debugging is enabled.

When I start AirMirror, either from the desktop program (run from Win7SP1) or from AirDroid Web (run from any of seven different browsers on Win7SP1 and Linux Mint 18.1), two messages from SuperSU appear on the phone. The first reads, "AirDroid has been granted superuser permissions," but there's a line beneath that (in the same message) which reads, "kill -15" followed by a process number that changes each time it's tried. A couple of seconds later, a second SuperSU message reads, "AirDroid has been granted superuser permissions for an interactive shell." After which there's a message displayed on the AirDroid server, "AirDroid failed to get root permissions ...."

"Try non-root mode" also fails with the all the same messages.

Airdroid Lite won't connect from any of the browsers run from either of the two OSes, always displaying some variation of a time-out message.

Log files are attached.

I also have an LG Optimus Fuel (Kit-Kat 4.4.2) I've been running AirDroid on for better than two years. AirMirror sometimes can be a little stubborn on it but it usually can be cajoled into connecting, and it also works with AirDroid Lite. The LG device is also running the same version of SuperSU as is on the Samsung phone but it doesn't (AFAIK, never has) display the "kill -15" message.

I've also tested the Samsung device with the latest version of SuperSU and all the problems persist.

The SuperSU settings for AirDroid are configured identically on both the Samsung and LG phones, 'Access' is set to 'Grant' and all other settings are at the default.

I have a stock/unmodded OEM ROM available I can flash to confirm the problem isn't hardware (or TouchWiz) related, but that's something I've been holding off on until I can get comments on the SuperSU 'irregularity.' I do see messages in this forum to the effect that there once were AirMirror problems with Samsung devices, but those were a year and a half ago. And My Samsung phone is of that vintage. Do those problems persist?
Attachments
Airdoid.logs.zip
(103.49 KB) Downloaded 459 times
DrWu
RomanticChosen

Re: AirMirror not working with Samsung Galaxy Prime Core/KitKat 4.4.4

i think you need to upgrade your version
RomanticChosen
DrWu

RomanticChosen wrote:i think you need to upgrade your version

Upgrade to what?
DrWu
PSikes

DrWu wrote:
RomanticChosen wrote:i think you need to upgrade your version

Upgrade to what?

I have the same issues, but with a NVidea K1 tablet. Can't get AirMirror to play nicely.
PSikes
DrWu

I looked into what process SuperSu is killing when AirMirror is attempting to connect.

I couldn't tell.

I started the AirDroid client app on the smartphone, then did a 'ps -ef' from terminal emulator and redirected the output to a text file. Then I tried to connect with AirMirror, noted the process number it killed, then grepped that text file for the number. And it's a higher process number than any that was running when I did the 'ps' so whatever it's killing is something that was started as a direct result of AirMirror trying to connect.
DrWu
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235027

Latest Member: mamad

Online: 31