Local Transfer Failedquestion

Wed May 20, 2015 2:14 pm in AirDroid App

page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
mpb
OP

Local Transfer Failed

I have AirDroid running on my desktop and the app running on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

When I attempt to load a file on the desktop for transfer to the phone, I get a "Fail to Send" Error.  Only remote transfer works.

Then, I can see the file on the phone under the File Transfer Icon, AirDroid Desktop, but when I try to download, the entire app crashes.

Any thoughts?

mpb
Coffee Admin

Re: Local Transfer Failed

I have AirDroid running on my desktop and the app running on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

When I attempt to load a file on the desktop for transfer to the phone, I get a "Fail to Send" Error.  Only remote transfer works.

Then, I can see the file on the phone under the File Transfer Icon, AirDroid Desktop, but when I try to download, the entire app crashes.

Any thoughts?

Would you please send the logs of both your desktop and phone to support@airdroid.com with the link of this post?
You can find your logs here: desktop: Right click AirDroid icon > open file location>logs and exception.
                                              android device: /sdcard/airdroid/exception.log  
gnokecj1234 likes this post.
Coffee
Admin
Damon

I have a PC with Airdroid app installed on it. I dont have a wifi adapter in my PC.
Local transfer (from PC to Phone) used to fail when i used Airdroid desktop app nearly 1 month ago.
but, this worked very well the other way. I got successful transfers from phone to PC via Airdroid Desktop.
so, for PC to phone transfer, i used the web interface. It was always successful.

Now, after i updated both the apps (PC and Android versions) it is not possible to transfer files from Phone to PC thru Airdroid desktop option.
this is really inconvenient. what could be possibly wrong.,
pls respond with a solution for this. I prefer the desktop interface rather than the web version..
Damon
Coffee Admin

I have a PC with Airdroid app installed on it. I dont have a wifi adapter in my PC.
Local transfer (from PC to Phone) used to fail when i used Airdroid desktop app nearly 1 month ago.
but, this worked very well the other way. I got successful transfers from phone to PC via Airdroid Desktop.
so, for PC to phone transfer, i used the web interface. It was always successful.

Now, after i updated both the apps (PC and Android versions) it is not possible to transfer files from Phone to PC thru Airdroid desktop option.
pls respond with a solution for this. I prefer the desktop interface rather than the web version..

Hi,

What's the AirDroid version you used before you update? Is there any error message? And the connection mode is local or remote?

Can you attach the logs and exceptions to help us troubleshoot? Thanks!

AirDroid Win:
Right click AirDroid icon > open file location > logs and exception.
Coffee
Admin
Corrina Spurlin

Corrina wrote:

don't know if you're still interested in getting an answer, but solving this issue for me involved going into the airdroid's settings (on my mac) and turning on "remote transfer" option to "always". This worked for me and I hope it solves your issue!
Corrina Spurlin
ar7slu7

Having same issue, before was possible to local transfer only PC -> Android, now both ways won't work anymore after upgrades, only on remote transfer. Any clues?
ar7slu7
Niki Admin

Having same issue, before was possible to local transfer only PC -> Android, now both ways won't work anymore after upgrades, only on remote transfer. Any clues?

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Would you please tell us more details of your question?

It would be helpful if you could send us a screenshot of the error page.

Feel free to let us know if you need further help.

Best Regards,
Niki
Admin
todd

I just installed AirDroid to my Samsung Note 8 and Win10 PC. Everything seems to work fine except I can't transfer (local) from Note 8 to PC. I CAN, however, backup from phone to PC, and transfer files from PC to phone. PC vers 3.6.0 and phone version 4.1.5.2.
todd
Niki Admin

I just installed AirDroid to my Samsung Note 8 and Win10 PC. Everything seems to work fine except I can't transfer (local) from Note 8 to PC. I CAN, however, backup from phone to PC, and transfer files from PC to phone. PC vers 3.6.0 and phone version 4.1.5.2.

Hi,

Thank you for your Feedback.

Do you enable the Windows Firewall?If yes, please allow AirDroid through Windows Firewall and check whether it helps.

Best regards.
Niki
Admin
todd

Hi,

Thank you for your Feedback.

Do you enable the Windows Firewall?If yes, please allow AirDroid through Windows Firewall and check whether it helps.

Best regards.

I'm on a different computer now, and AirDroid is allowed through the firewall, and it works fine. I'll check the original PC next time I get a chance. Thanks!
todd
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234875

Latest Member: Somayeh

Online: 52