Phone IP address and port number not shown on AirDroid main screenquestion

Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:46 am in AirDroid App

page 2 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
Mike

Re: Phone IP address and port number not shown on AirDroid main screen

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for later reply.

We would like to confirm with you that do you mean when your update to the lastest vision you cannot
find the IP address in Airdroid?

If yes, you should make sure that you don't sign in web Airdroid and then click Airdroid web in your device
and then your will see the IP.

Always feel free to let us know if you have any further questions.

Best regards

Sufficient time has passed such I can no longer recall if I saw the AndroidWeb button or not. What I can say is the old version has the IP address and port number in this button.

Its a real shame it has taken a month from my first post to your latest post.

Regards
p mat likes this post.
Mike
Tristan ROBET

Hi, I've had the same problem and I can confirm there is an IP adress displayed when u click on "AirDroid Web", although for me it says "8890" for the port, when the actual working port is 8888.

Also, I don't understand the admin question : "We would like to confirm with you that do you mean when your update to the lastest vision you cannot
find the IP address in Airdroid?"

Please watch your own screenshot of AirDroid 4.0 on the forum main page, you will see the IP is supposed to be displayed inside the "AirDroid Web" button, not only after clicking on it, it's a real lose of ergonomy :

3 people like this post.
Tristan ROBET
Niki Admin

I would also like to register that I have noticed this is missing and would like it returned.

I understand that AirDroid wants people to move to the desktop and and a cloud connection and have been updating the UI in this direction., and I can appreciate there will be greater options to monetise this in the future, and it may be easier for new users.

However I would like to register that as an old user, the local IP solution is useful, as it works with local phone wifi hotspot to create a connection without an existing network or relying on a cloud connection. If you are going to remove this functionality then so be it, but I would then look for another solution, and removing the IP from the UI makes the feature almost useless even though it is still running in local connection mode.

If this is a genuine bug then apologies for my assumptions on your motives.

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for later reply.

First, you should make sure that you don't sign in web Airdroid and then click Airdroid web in your device
and then your will see the IP.

ImageImage

Always feel free to let us know if you have any further questions.

Best regards
Niki
Admin
Niki Admin

Why are the phone IP address and port number not shown on the AirDroid device? I checked the settings but these information’s are not visible to me. How can I see these on the main screen? Please provide some effective solution to this problem. tv providers
Hi,

Please check this post to see if it helps.

[Help & FAQ] How to find IP address on your phone?
http://forums.airdroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29843

Best regards.
Niki
Admin
Mike

Hi,

Please check this post to see if it helps.

[Help & FAQ] How to find IP address on your phone?
http://forums.airdroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29843

Best regards.

It's an improvement on not having this information, however this is step a further than required for v4.1.4.1 Why couldn't the IP address be simply added to the first screen?

Until this feature is re-introduced I'll be sticking to v4.1.4.1
Mike
raj

plz help this aap not work

email: vnsagar4@gmail.com
raj
Niki Admin

plz help this aap not work

email: [email]http://forums.airdroid.covnsagar4@gmail.com[/email]
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

We would like to confirm with you that whether Airdroid running on your device when you
sign in Airdroid web?

When you sign in web Airdroid you should make sure that Airdroid is keeping running on the background, because sometimes it will killed by the phone's process.

So, would you like to restart Airdroid on your device again to see if it works?

Feel free to let us know if you need further help.

Best Regards,
Niki
Admin
Wilco

Hi Niki,

Thanks for the reply, I apologise for my rather breathless response impinging on your motives, as I suspect it was there all along and I was just an idiot.

Alex
Wilco
Niki Admin

Hi Niki,

Thanks for the reply, I apologise for my rather breathless response impinging on your motives, as I suspect it was there all along and I was just an idiot.

Alex

You're welcome my friend.
Niki
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 2 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235029

Latest Member: Feri Unyil

Online: 24