No AirMirror on rooted Moto G4 (ElementalX G4 1.04 kernel) but stable on 2 nonrooted Moto G4

Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:20 pm in AirDroid App

page 1 / 1
Mutti
OP

No AirMirror on rooted Moto G4 (ElementalX G4 1.04 kernel) but stable on 2 nonrooted Moto G4

i am configuring a remote control smartphone for my mother because she cannot operate her internet radio or DVBT2 TV by herself.
I use 2 "identical" Moto G4s: one is on her bedside and one is for me to improve the setup.
AirMirror worked alonside miracast with both of them.
Then I rooted one in order to cast audiobooks to her radio with the Allcast App. This App requires root priviledges. It works now.
However, AirMirror tells me
1. the target phone ist not rooted (not true),
2. to connect the USB cable between laptop and smartphone (which I did)
3. after a long wait, that the device is not capable of AirMirroring.
4. to contact the airdroid service - which I have done to no avail except an automated receipt and the encouragement to post my question here.
Please Help!
1. Is there an alternative kernel and SuperSU that I can flash so that Allcast will work alongside AirMirror?
2. Any alternative to Allcast to stream via UPnP that does not require rooting would be worth a try.
Mutti
Niki Admin

Re: No AirMirror on rooted Moto G4 (ElementalX G4 1.04 kernel) but stable on 2 nonrooted Moto G4

i am configuring a remote control smartphone for my mother because she cannot operate her internet radio or DVBT2 TV by herself.
I use 2 "identical" Moto G4s: one is on her bedside and one is for me to improve the setup.
AirMirror worked alonside miracast with both of them.
Then I rooted one in order to cast audiobooks to her radio with the Allcast App. This App requires root priviledges. It works now.
However, AirMirror tells me
1. the target phone ist not rooted (not true),
2. to connect the USB cable between laptop and smartphone (which I did)
3. after a long wait, that the device is not capable of AirMirroring.
4. to contact the airdroid service - which I have done to no avail except an automated receipt and the encouragement to post my question here.
Please Help!
1. Is there an alternative kernel and SuperSU that I can flash so that Allcast will work alongside AirMirror?
2. Any alternative to Allcast to stream via UPnP that does not require rooting would be worth a try.
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Did you use Airmirror on the desktop or web Airdroid?

If you use it on web, would you like to use it on the desktop
to see if it works?

Please check this post to see if it works?
[Help & FAQ] AirMirror http://forums.airdroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15843

Feel free to let us know if you need further help.

Best Regards,
Niki
Admin
Mutti

Re: No AirMirror on rooted Moto G4 (ElementalX G4 1.04 kernel) but stable on 2 nonrooted Moto G4

Thank you Niki,
The installed version does work as expected.
Problem solved.
Cheers
Martin (for Mutti)
Mutti
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876

Latest Member: Raz

Online: 43