Current Android TV version on play.google.com is only v3.2.1.1 as of 4/9/18question

Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:46 pm in AirDroid App

page 1 / 1
steve_hoge
OP

Current Android TV version on play.google.com is only v3.2.1.1 as of 4/9/18

I discovered Airdroid today and downloaded it to my Nexus 6 phone and my Sony XBR Android TV using the Install method on the Google Play Store.

The Nexus received v4.1.8.0 but the Android TV received v.3.2.1.1. Installation and config went fine on the phone.

But it took me a couple of hours trying to debug why I couldn't log into AirDroid servers on the TV when it had worked fine on the phone until I looked carefully at version numbers and saw that the TV had received a very downrev version.

I sideloaded v4.1.8.1 onto the TV over adb and it works just fine - my account login was authenticated immediately.

I have never had the experience that one Android device pulled down a different version off the Play store than another. How did this happen?
steve_hoge
Niki Admin

Re: Current Android TV version on play.google.com is only v3.2.1.1 as of 4/9/18

I discovered Airdroid today and downloaded it to my Nexus 6 phone and my Sony XBR Android TV using the Install method on the Google Play Store.

The Nexus received v4.1.8.0 but the Android TV received v.3.2.1.1. Installation and config went fine on the phone.

But it took me a couple of hours trying to debug why I couldn't log into AirDroid servers on the TV when it had worked fine on the phone until I looked carefully at version numbers and saw that the TV had received a very downrev version.

I sideloaded v4.1.8.1 onto the TV over adb and it works just fine - my account login was authenticated immediately.

I have never had the experience that one Android device pulled down a different version off the Play store than another. How did this happen?

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Because we didn't update the AirDroid in Google's TV store​, so when you download the AirDroid the version is 3.2.1.1.

Hope you have a good time during use AirDroid.

Feel free to let us know if you need further help.

Best Regards,
Niki
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235028

Latest Member: Jasika

Online: 26