External SD not accessible also on Lollipop?question

Fri May 15, 2015 5:14 pm in AirDroid App

page 1 / 1
Carlo Vaiani
OP

External SD not accessible also on Lollipop?

I have a Galaxy Note 4 (cellular operator branded). It came with KitKat 4.4.2, and I had installed Airdroid.
I recently updated my device to Lollipop 5.0.1, when my operator made the update package available.
I understand that Lollipop enables apps to access the external SD card. Is this something that Airdroid is supposed to support? My app is at v. 3.1.0.
In case, should there be any difference in the expected behaviour if I use Win client rather than Airdroid web?
Thanks
 Carlo
Carlo Vaiani
Coffee Admin

Re: External SD not accessible also on Lollipop?

I have a Galaxy Note 4 (cellular operator branded). It came with KitKat 4.4.2, and I had installed Airdroid.
I recently updated my device to Lollipop 5.0.1, when my operator made the update package available.
I understand that Lollipop enables apps to access the external SD card. Is this something that Airdroid is supposed to support? My app is at v. 3.1.0.
In case, should there be any difference in the expected behaviour if I use Win client rather than Airdroid web?
Thanks
 Carlo 

Sorry, managing files in external SD card on Android 4.4+ with AirDroid is not supported (Lollipop included). We've done some researches on related information and it's a pity that the updates on Lollipop can't be applied to AirDroid. We'll keep an eye on this and will try to improve this when it is technical feasible. 

As to the difference between AirDroid Win and AirDroid Web
Similar features: SMS, Contacts, Call Log, etc. (Most of these features on AirDroid Web are more mature) 
Exclusive to AirDroid Web: Find Phone, Set Ringtone, Play music, Manage files, Intruder (premium features), Camera, Screenshot (root required)...
Exclusive to AirDroid Win/Mac: AirMirror (root required), Nearby, Friends, Send large files via AirDroid email (File size not limited), Notification Mirroring Center, etc...

AirDroid Web is much more functional than AirDroid Win/Mac now, but we keep improving both parts. Please kindly stay tuned :)
Coffee
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235048

Latest Member: theahmadloupc12

Online: 22