Can't delete images because no way to select external SD card.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:45 pm in AirDroid App

page 1 / 1
Oz
OP

Can't delete images because no way to select external SD card.

My images automatically go to an external SD card. When I tried to use the web interface to delete, I got this:

The problem is that step 2 is impossible. There is no "select SD card" at all. When I click Files/External SD Card, the screen I get on the app looks nothing at all like what the web app is showing. Here's what I get immediately upon clicking "External SD Card":

At the top is a drop-down with the two cards, and the external one is selected. I tried clicking on various things, but there is never any "select SD Card", and no matter what I do, the web app always gives the same error message about needing to select the external card. Completely unable to delete images using the app. I went to the app store to see if there is an update, but it didn't offer one, so as far as I can tell, this is a bug in both the phone app and the embedded web app that goes with it (at least insofar as the "help" popup is concerned).

FIRST QUESTION: If the help popup is wrong, what is the right way?

SECOND QUESTION: When will this be fixed? I basically have to use another app to do the deletions now.

EDIT- more: After restarting the app, uninstalling and reinstalling, and fiddling with it, I can at least get something that starts to look like the help popup - momentarily. To repeat getting it, I have to stop and restart the app each time. What I get is also useless, however. The "interim" screen, which is shown on the left in the help popup above, looks like this on my phone:

It shows neither the internal nor external SD cards - both of which certainly exist. So, the fail is at least understandable as a bug - the app doesn't properly, or at all, detect SD cards, at least in this part of it.
Oz
Lillian Admin

Re: Can't delete images because no way to select external SD card.

My images automatically go to an external SD card. When I tried to use the web interface to delete, I got this:

The problem is that step 2 is impossible. There is no "select SD card" at all. When I click Files/External SD Card, the screen I get on the app looks nothing at all like what the web app is showing. Here's what I get immediately upon clicking "External SD Card":

At the top is a drop-down with the two cards, and the external one is selected. I tried clicking on various things, but there is never any "select SD Card", and no matter what I do, the web app always gives the same error message about needing to select the external card. Completely unable to delete images using the app. I went to the app store to see if there is an update, but it didn't offer one, so as far as I can tell, this is a bug in both the phone app and the embedded web app that goes with it (at least insofar as the "help" popup is concerned).

FIRST QUESTION: If the help popup is wrong, what is the right way?

SECOND QUESTION: When will this be fixed? I basically have to use another app to do the deletions now.

EDIT- more: After restarting the app, uninstalling and reinstalling, and fiddling with it, I can at least get something that starts to look like the help popup - momentarily. To repeat getting it, I have to stop and restart the app each time. What I get is also useless, however. The "interim" screen, which is shown on the left in the help popup above, looks like this on my phone:

It shows neither the internal nor external SD cards - both of which certainly exist. So, the fail is at least understandable as a bug - the app doesn't properly, or at all, detect SD cards, at least in this part of it.

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience that may have caused.

Would you please follow these steps:

1 Settings on your phone-->Applications-->Applications manager-->AirDroid-->Clear data-->OK.

2 Open AirDroid on your phone-->Files-->External SD, then you will get a popup to remind you to tell the external SD card path, click"OK".

3 Then you will see a screen below. Click the line "Select XXXXXXXX(the exact external SD card path on your phone)" in the bottom.

4 Then you will see the screen of the external SD card content,

Then back to the AirDroid main screen, and open "Files" "External SD" again, and you will be able to see and edit the external SD.

Kindly note that editing external SD card requires Android 5.0+.
Lillian
Admin
rwade

In Android 7.1.1 on my Sony Xperia, after following the instructions above, there still is no option Select SD card. I am taken directly to the SD card folder.
rwade
Niki Admin

In Android 7.1.1 on my Sony Xperia, after following the instructions above, there still is no option Select SD card. I am taken directly to the SD card folder.

If there's no SD in the list, you may need to tap the menu icon at the upper right corner and choose "Show SD card".

P.S. Some phones (like many Xiaomi models) may not support this method. We'll update this post once we find a solution for those phones.
Niki
Admin
thuyhoa37

I have the same problem with Xiaomi Remi 4. It turned me crazy, all of my pictures are gone and I didn't know why.
thuyhoa37
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235020

Latest Member: janny

Online: 35