AirDroid crashing constantly

Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:51 pm in AirDroid App

page 1 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to
Terry
OP

AirDroid crashing constantly

Ever since the connect issues a few days ago, AirDroid constantly crashes on my phone and slowing it to a crawl, even after resets, and uninstalling and reinstalling it on my phone many many times (Sprint SG7 Edge, running beta 7.x). I've even cleared all the app data on the phone, and downloaded the app again and still doesn't work. Before then, it has worked flawlessly, and I was loving it.

I'm now considering cancelling my premium account and requesting a refund. Help?
Terry
nacnudmit

Re: AirDroid crashing constantly

Same here. I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. If I do a fresh install it works for a few minutes, then starts crashing over and over and over until I uninstall from my Nexus 6P (Android 7.1.1). I can only give this a few more days or will have to cancel my premium as well. It's been a horrible experience this past week.
nacnudmit
Sangro

Same here. Can't uninstall because it has administrator rights, cannot remove administrator rights because it constantly stops working. Can't reinstall because it's already installed. Don't know what to do. Please help.
(Google Pixel).
Sangro
Hani Nabil Boustani

nacnudmit wrote:Same here. I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. If I do a fresh install it works for a few minutes, then starts crashing over and over and over until I uninstall from my Nexus 6P (Android 7.1.1). I can only give this a few more days or will have to cancel my premium as well. It's been a horrible experience this past week.

I AM HAVING THE SAME EXPERIENCE ON MY NEXUS 5X.
Hani Nabil Boustani
alnetloc

Ditto the regular crashes on Google Pixel too. I too have done the reboot/uninstall/re-install/etc several times hoping to remedy the situation - but to no avail. I also noticed that AirDroid is the leading memory hog - causing several problems in performance. For now at least, I have AirDroid uninstalled on my phone - not getting what I'm paying for until I see some sign that this issue is addressed.
alnetloc
rachelsor

This is happening on my nexus 6 as well. I'm also having trouble signing in.
rachelsor
Lillian Admin

Hey guys,
Thank you for your report and sorry for the inconvenience it has caused.

We have upgraded Android AirDroid to v 4.0.0.4 to improve the performance. If you still experience difficulties, would you please update AirDroid on your device to the latest version and see if it works properly?

According to our staged rollout, it will be fully rolled out within a week. However, you can download the apk anytime from our website here: https://www.airdroid.com/en/get.html.

If the issue happens again, please report this issue via Feedback with AirDroid on your device.
Steps: open AirDroid on your phone-->Me--> Settings-->About--> Feedback. http://forums.airdroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28318

Please do tick the box of “Attach error logs” so that our developers can check the issue for you. It would help us to gather the trouble with more details (there’s no personal data collected), we shall be able to prioritize your request.

Should you have any further questions, always feel free to let us know anytime!

Best regards
Lillian
Admin
Joshua Nili

I had the same exact issue as everybody else on this thread, but updating to 4.0.0.4 resolved it! Thank you Lillian for sharing the direct download link to the APK.
Lillian likes this post.
Joshua Nili
alex512

After the update to 4.0.0.4 crashes every time I try to open the application. It seems that the service works fine, because crashes on every incoming and outing call. Reinstalling do nothing.
On LG L90 / CM13
alex512
badcom

It's crashing here too all the time after upgrading to 4.0.0.4 =/
My android is http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-cm-x86-13-0-rc1
badcom
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads