Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:46 am in AirDroid App

page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
Mike
OP

Phone IP address and port number not shown on AirDroid main screen

This use to show on the main screen, and example would be
192.168.1.70:8888

This is now missing.

Yet I can still enter the above IP address and port number to access the phone.

Why the change?
4 people like this post.
Mike
Robert Fisher

Re: Phone IP address and port number not shown on AirDroid main screen

Yes I woukld also like to know if this will be "fixed"
2 people like this post.
Robert Fisher
Mike

Robert Fisher wrote:Yes I woukld also like to know if this will be "fixed"

At least I'm not the only one.

I don't understand the change, what is the purpose apart for making happy customers less happy!

I can use Colasoft MAC scanner to find the phone and its IP address but things could be made a bit easier for us.
p mat likes this post.
Mike
Wilco

I would also like to register that I have noticed this is missing and would like it returned.

I understand that AirDroid wants people to move to the desktop and and a cloud connection and have been updating the UI in this direction., and I can appreciate there will be greater options to monetise this in the future, and it may be easier for new users.

However I would like to register that as an old user, the local IP solution is useful, as it works with local phone wifi hotspot to create a connection without an existing network or relying on a cloud connection. If you are going to remove this functionality then so be it, but I would then look for another solution, and removing the IP from the UI makes the feature almost useless even though it is still running in local connection mode.

If this is a genuine bug then apologies for my assumptions on your motives.
2 people like this post.
Wilco
Mike

I would also like to register that I have noticed this is missing and would like it returned.

I understand that AirDroid wants people to move to the desktop and and a cloud connection and have been updating the UI in this direction., and I can appreciate there will be greater options to monetise this in the future, and it may be easier for new users.

However I would like to register that as an old user, the local IP solution is useful, as it works with local phone wifi hotspot to create a connection without an existing network or relying on a cloud connection. If you are going to remove this functionality then so be it, but I would then look for another solution, and removing the IP from the UI makes the feature almost useless even though it is still running in local connection mode.

If this is a genuine bug then apologies for my assumptions on your motives.

The solution is to go back prior to October 1st when an update destroyed this information in "Android Web". I now have it back after reverting to 4.1.4.1

If you search for:
com.sand.airdroid-4.1.4.1-APK4Fun.com.apk
and run on the phone (after uninstalling the 'new' version).

This will bring back this feature. Naturally you will have to go to Me>settings> and uncheck automatic update.
2 people like this post.
Mike
Mike

The solution is to go back prior to October 1st when an update destroyed this information in "Android Web". I now have it back after reverting to 4.1.4.1

If you search for:
com.sand.airdroid-4.1.4.1-APK4Fun.com.apk
and run on the phone (after uninstalling the 'new' version).

This will bring back this feature. Naturally you will have to go to Me>settings> and uncheck automatic update.

I cannot believe it, or perhaps I should.

I turned off updates within Airdroid and guess what, it still updated. What "£$%^&*()s

So I once again can't see the phones IP address and port.

I'm sure this will be against Google's terms and conditions and so will raise this with them.

Airdroid is being crippled.
p mat likes this post.
Mike
Mike

Right; reinstalled 4.1.4.1

This time turned off auto-update in Play Store

Go into Play Store, and search for "Airdroid: Remote access & File"
Tap on the 3 dots in the Right Hand corner and it should come up with "Auto-update"

Hopefully if you untick the box it might not update. Fingers crossed.

Why are newer versions crippled?
2 people like this post.
Mike
Niki Admin

Right; reinstalled 4.1.4.1

This time turned off auto-update in Play Store

Go into Play Store, and search for "Airdroid: Remote access & File"
Tap on the 3 dots in the Right Hand corner and it should come up with "Auto-update"

Hopefully if you untick the box it might not update. Fingers crossed.

Why are newer versions crippled?

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for later reply.

We would like to confirm with you that do you mean when your update to the lastest vision you cannot
find the IP address in Airdroid?

If yes, you should make sure that you don't sign in web Airdroid and then click Airdroid web in your device
and then your will see the IP.

Always feel free to let us know if you have any further questions.

Best regards
Ahmed+Roshdy likes this post.
Niki
Admin
Mike

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for later reply.

We would like to confirm with you that do you mean when your update to the lastest vision you cannot
find the IP address in Airdroid?

If yes, you should make sure that you don't sign in web Airdroid and then click Airdroid web in your device
and then your will see the IP.

Always feel free to let us know if you have any further questions.

Best regards

Sufficient time has passed such I can no longer recall if I saw the AndroidWeb button or not. What I can say is the old version has the IP address and port number in this button.

Its a real shame it has taken a month from my first post to your latest post.

Regards
p mat likes this post.
Mike
Tristan ROBET

Hi, I've had the same problem and I can confirm there is an IP adress displayed when u click on "AirDroid Web", although for me it says "8890" for the port, when the actual working port is 8888.

Also, I don't understand the admin question : "We would like to confirm with you that do you mean when your update to the lastest vision you cannot
find the IP address in Airdroid?"

Please watch your own screenshot of AirDroid 4.0 on the forum main page, you will see the IP is supposed to be displayed inside the "AirDroid Web" button, not only after clicking on it, it's a real lose of ergonomy :

3 people like this post.
Tristan ROBET
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234877

Latest Member: NAVIN

Online: 52