Is Airdroid dead

Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:40 am in AirDroid App

page 1 / 1
Mike
OP

Is Airdroid dead

I'm now in a position where I run the App on the phone, type in its local IP and port into a browser, say
192.168.1.70:8888

And nothing happens, no prompt on the phone, and a failed connect on the browser

Without having the IP and port on the phone this is a game of roulette.
aki likes this post.
Mike
Niki Admin

Re: Is Airdroid dead

I'm now in a position where I run the App on the phone, type in its local IP and port into a browser, say
192.168.1.70:8888

And nothing happens, no prompt on the phone, and a failed connect on the browser

Without having the IP and port on the phone this is a game of roulette.

Hi ,

Thank you for your feedback.

To use IP address to get into Airdroid,you should open Airdroid on your phone and in local connection mode.

Feel free to let us know if you need further help.

Best regards,
Niki
Admin
Mike

Hi ,

To use IP address to get into Airdroid,you should open Airdroid on your phone and in local connection mode.

Best regards,

Many thanks for your reply.

I am in local connection mode, but the IP address and Port number do not show by "My Computer" (as it used to).

The only way I can find the device is to use a local network scanner, like Colasoft MAC Scanner to find the IP address of the phone.

So far, apart from one instance the port has been 8888, but wary this could change. I can then connect to my phone.

This is a great app, its such a shame I feel I have taken a few steps in a backward direction. If you can suggest a way of moving forward, or even installing an older version with the missing functionality, then I would be very grateful.
Mike
Mike

Mike wrote:
Hi ,

Best regards,

Many thanks for your reply.

I am in local connection mode, but the IP address and Port number do not show by "My Computer" (as it used to).

The only way I can find the device is to use a local network scanner, like Colasoft MAC Scanner to find the IP address of the phone.

So far, apart from one instance the port has been 8888, but wary this could change. I can then connect to my phone.

This is a great app, its such a shame I feel I have taken a few steps in a backward direction. If you can suggest a way of moving forward, or even installing an older version with the missing functionality, then I would be very grateful.

I haven't been able to move forward here.

Is there a list of old versions of the Android app I can install and then set update to off?

Mike
Mike
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234877

Latest Member: NAVIN

Online: 43