Local connection no more working since yesterdayquestion

Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:43 am in AirDroid App

page 1 / 1
Tristan ROBET
OP

Local connection no more working since yesterday

Hi,

I'm using Airdroid on Nexus 10.

When I click on "AirDroid Web", the IP shown is : 192.168.1.27:8888, which is the IP and port I've always used to connect to Airdroid for years.

But since yesterday, using this ip and port in a browser end in "time out". I've tried to disable my Antivirus (Avast) and Firewall (Comodo) with same result.

Would it be possible the IP and port shown are not the right ones ? How can I debug this ?

UPDATE : when I'm using some "netstat" on my Nexus 10, it shows that Airdroid is listening on multiple ports including 8888, but using IPV6 and not IPV4, would it be the problem ?
Tristan ROBET
Niki Admin

Re: Local connection no more working since yesterday

Hi,

I'm using Airdroid on Nexus 10.

When I click on "AirDroid Web", the IP shown is : 192.168.1.27:8888, which is the IP and port I've always used to connect to Airdroid for years.

But since yesterday, using this ip and port in a browser end in "time out". I've tried to disable my Antivirus (Avast) and Firewall (Comodo) with same result.

Would it be possible the IP and port shown are not the right ones ? How can I debug this ?

UPDATE : when I'm using some "netstat" on my Nexus 10, it shows that Airdroid is listening on multiple ports including 8888, but using IPV6 and not IPV4, would it be the problem ?
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Would you like to following the steps to check if you are in Local Connection Mode:

Open the Terminal application in "Finder" > "Application" > "Utilities".

Type ping + IP (e.g. ping 192.168.20.60) and press Enter to see your ping output:

Read the summary of output:

All packets received and the trip time is short: Your device and PC are over same network, and network is stable.
Some packets lost or the trip time is long: Though your device and PC are over same network, the network is unstable. In this case, the connection mode is probably Remote Connection Mode. Try to connect again.
All packets lost: Your device and PC are not in the same network. Reboot the router or ask for help from network admin.

(Tip: Ping guide for other OS: http://www.wikihow.com.com/Ping-an-IP-Address )

If you are in Local connection mode and still fail to use the IP address, please restart Airdroid again to see if it works.

Always feel free to contact us if you need any assistance.

Best regards,
Niki
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876

Latest Member: Raz

Online: 45