Why is AirDroid using background data?

Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:07 pm in AirDroid App

page 1 / 1
chuck
OP

Why is AirDroid using background data?

Hello. AirDroid keeps using background data on an updated, stock Pixel 2, even though I have turned off the app's ability to use background data. It's used about 85 megs in the last three weeks, which isn't a lot, but is more than zero, which is what it should be. It seems to do this even while I'm on Wi-Fi. I'm not transferring files, and never have. I only use AirDroid for texting. Any ideas why it's doing this or how to stop it? Thanks.
chuck
Niki Admin

Re: Why is AirDroid using background data?

Hello. AirDroid keeps using background data on an updated, stock Pixel 2, even though I have turned off the app's ability to use background data. It's used about 85 megs in the last three weeks, which isn't a lot, but is more than zero, which is what it should be. It seems to do this even while I'm on Wi-Fi. I'm not transferring files, and never have. I only use AirDroid for texting. Any ideas why it's doing this or how to stop it? Thanks.
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for any inconvenience that you've experienced.

Would you like to tell us where did you see that AirDroid has consumed the 85 megs phone data?

It would be helpful if you can see us a screenshot of that page for a further check.

If you connection mode is remotely, even thought you connect on Wi-Fi, it will also use phone data.

You can go to profile to see the connection mode in My devices.

Feel free to let us know if you need further help.

Best regards,
Niki
Admin
Web Soft Valley

hello, you can turn off your background data if you don't want it.
Web Soft Valley
Mand

hello, you can turn off your background data if you don't want it.
The OP said background data *is* turned off, but this is still happening.
Mand
junk99

The OP said background data *is* turned off, but this is still happening.

same with me, I have turned off mobile data on airdroid in every way I can, even using other apps to turn off airdroid mobile usage, but without success.
junk99
funnyjokes

Thanks a lot for sharing this arabian tale with us. As someone who is a big chief essays enthusiast, I enjoyed reading this tale a lot. If you can share more tales like this, I would love it.

instagram quotes
funnyjokes
Matt

I have the same issue.

Mobile data use in Feb-Mar was 46.9 MB, in Mar-Apr this went up to 3.22 GB, Apr-May was 3.14 GB and with 1 week left of May-Jun, AirDroid has used 7582 MB.

AirDroid runs on my computer which is on all the time, but my phone is connected to WiFi most of the time and I haven't used AirDroid recently.

What is AirDroid doing? It has access to everything on my phone and I'm not transferring any data to my computer.

We're going away shortly and I can't afford to pay expensive roaming charges so I'm going to have to remove it.
Matt
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234877

Latest Member: NAVIN

Online: 60