Help! Sent, but lost (when recipient device not connected)question

Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:43 pm in AirDroid App

page 1 / 1
Mand
OP

Help! Sent, but lost (when recipient device not connected)

I sent a message to the android app on my phone, by typing it into the Windows app. It appeared to have sent OK. At that time my phone had wifi off.

I assumed that when I turned wifi on, the message would download to my phone - but no. It's lost. Not sure if this is a glitch, or something I'm doing wrong. Help! It was a lot of information and I stupidly didn't keep a copy (stupid? I trusted AirDroid!).

I have searched the forum but can't think of the right search terms to find this, if it has ever been asked before.
p mat likes this post.
Mand
Niki Admin

Re: Help! Sent, but lost (when recipient device not connected)

I sent a message to the android app on my phone, by typing it into the Windows app. It appeared to have sent OK. At that time my phone had wifi off.

I assumed that when I turned wifi on, the message would download to my phone - but no. It's lost. Not sure if this is a glitch, or something I'm doing wrong. Help! It was a lot of information and I stupidly didn't keep a copy (stupid? I trusted AirDroid!).

I have searched the forum but can't think of the right search terms to find this, if it has ever been asked before.
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

We would like to confirm with you that do you mean use file transfer feature to send the massage to your phone or SMS feature?

Have you see the notice as shown in picture?

Feel free to let us know if you need further help.

Best Regards,
Niki
Admin
Mand

No, I wasn't trying to send a file. I typed text into the field at the bottom of the window. (It was just a note to myself.)

It definitely appeared to have sent ok, as far as the Windows app showed, but it didn't get to my phone - and later, the Win app didn't show it as having sent. So it had completely vanished.

(Luckily I found it in my clipboard and was able to try again, but I'd still like to know what was wrong, so as to avoid this in future.)
Mand
Niki Admin

No, I wasn't trying to send a file. I typed text into the field at the bottom of the window. (It was just a note to myself.)

It definitely appeared to have sent ok, as far as the Windows app showed, but it didn't get to my phone - and later, the Win app didn't show it as having sent. So it had completely vanished.

(Luckily I found it in my clipboard and was able to try again, but I'd still like to know what was wrong, so as to avoid this in future.)

So, when you paste the message form the cliboard in the bottom of the windows again. Can the phone AirDroid received the message?
Niki
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234877

Latest Member: NAVIN

Online: 58