Excess Mobile Data Usequestion

Fri May 11, 2018 2:03 am in AirDroid App

page 1 / 1
mighty
OP

Excess Mobile Data Use

According to the app, it has used about 2 MB in the last two weeks. According to the Android system, it has used 210 MB. The history shows an average mobile usage of over 500 MB/month for the last few months. I'm inclined to believe the system. It's under the graph showing total mobile data usage this billing period.

At least, I assume that's mobile data. That's the menu entry I used to find that. OTOH, under Wi-Fi, it also shows around 500 MB in the last month. Is it combining those, even when I chose the Mobile Data menu entry?

I don't see an option to not send data over mobile. I only ever want to use this when I'm on my home network. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,
Drake
mighty
Niki Admin

Re: Excess Mobile Data Use

According to the app, it has used about 2 MB in the last two weeks. According to the Android system, it has used 210 MB. The history shows an average mobile usage of over 500 MB/month for the last few months. I'm inclined to believe the system. It's under the graph showing total mobile data usage this billing period.

At least, I assume that's mobile data. That's the menu entry I used to find that. OTOH, under Wi-Fi, it also shows around 500 MB in the last month. Is it combining those, even when I chose the Mobile Data menu entry?

I don't see an option to not send data over mobile. I only ever want to use this when I'm on my home network. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,
Drake

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for any inconvenience that you've experienced.

Would you please help us to clarify the issues by answering the following question?
1.Whether the Desktop AirDroid is opening at login?
2.Have you open the Desktop notifications on AirDorid? And will you receive many notifications every day?
3.Would you like to send us a screenshot of the page that display the data consume by AirDroid?

Feel free to let us know if you need further help.

Best regards,
Niki
Admin
Matt

I have the same issue.

Mobile data use in Feb-Mar was 46.9 MB, in Mar-Apr this went up to 3.22 GB, Apr-May was 3.14 GB and with 1 week left of May-Jun, AirDroid has used 7582 MB.

AirDroid runs on my computer which is on all the time, but my phone is connected to WiFi most of the time and I haven't used AirDroid recently.

What is AirDroid doing? It has access to everything on my phone and I'm not transferring any data to my computer.

We're going away shortly and I can't afford to pay expensive roaming charges so I'm going to have to remove it.
Matt
Panoramix

Same here. I am not interested in receiving notifications or messages when I am not in front of my computer. When I am at my location, the phone, a Google Pixel 2, is connected by WiFi. Yet Airdroid uses a lot of mobile data.

This has to stop. Now. Either this is solved, or I uninstall, and will make sure to report in all forums this major flaw.
Panoramix
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876

Latest Member: Raz

Online: 50