Question for the developers...why is AirDroid able to pinpoint my location when no other app can?

Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:48 am in Other Issues

page 1 / 1
VinTen
OP

Question for the developers...why is AirDroid able to pinpoint my location when no other app can?

First, thank you for this stunning piece of work called AirDroid.
I live in the Philippines where the networks are not as good or reliable as in western countries, and I have installed and tried to use several applications for tracking the location of my phone including Lookout, Where's My Droid, (Google's) Android Device Manager, AndroidLost, Life360, and others, including Facebook and Google+. NONE of these applications were able to locate my phone at all. All of them returned an error that location was not available for my phone at this time, although I had both WiFi and GPS active, and several of those apps were even set as device admins.

Then comes AirDroid. AirDroid, within seconds, pinpointed my exact location on a map.

Now what I want to know is....WHY? What does AirDroid have that the other apps don't, which allowed it to succeed when all the others failed?
I don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I am so curious why this is the only application that worked to locate my phone in my area here in the Philippines.
VinTen
LVHAlfons

Title

Thanks for your feedback.
Does your device support Google map? If yes, you may check if Google map works well on your device. If Google map works well, that means GPS performs fine and "Find Phone" could work normally.
LVHAlfons
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235429

Latest Member: peyman

Online: 25