Android 5 (Lollipop) detected as Android 4.4 - SD permissions

Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:48 am in Other Issues

page 1 / 1
katherinchanneluy318

Title

Same here... I just installed Android 5.0 (Lollipop) on my Verizon Note 4 (obvious not rooted). AirDroid dialogue still pops up saying it's 4.4 when I try to traverse to my external SD card. I can not create a folder or file.

Estrongs File Explorer (current version as of this post) CAN now create a directory and/or file on the external SD card, and so can the built in My Files application that comes as part of Verizon's Lollipop.

BUT, I can not change permissions/ACLs without root on the directories created with Estrongs File Explorer or My Files to let AirDroid write to either directory...

So my really ugly work around is to upload my movie files using AirDroid to the internal storage and then use Estrongs file Explorer to move the file to the External SD Card. This is an UGLY workaround.

Since Estrongs File Explorer can create dirs and files on an External card with Lollipop, I would consider this a bug with AirDroid.

Please fix AirDroid developers! You have a great product, this feature on Lollipop would make it even better.
katherinchanneluy318
Hanna45578

Title

Having the same issue. I tried re-installing the app, but still getting a pop-up about android 4.4 and can't modify anything on the SDcard via airdroid. Considering that all I use this app for is copying files over, I'm pretty stuck until this is fixed...
Hanna45578
caj

Re: Android 5 (Lollipop) detected as Android 4.4 - SD permissions

Same issue, and all I use airdroid for is uploading files. I e-mailed support a week ago but haven't recieved a response.
caj
Coffee Admin

@all,

Till now, you still can't manage files on external SD card on Android 4.4+ via AirDroid. Sorry about this. 

I've sent the information to the devs and they are looking into this. Hope Google's change on SD card permission restrictions for Lollipop will be implemented in AirDroid soon :)
Coffee
Admin
Sira

Thanks Coffee! Looking forward to the update!
Sira
tharakram

Titanium Backup Pro wont use external SD, which has 4GB free, keeps ... Since Android 4.4 and above, the SDCard permissions have been ... Recognized Developer ... using the "elegant way" with TiBU and other apps since Lollipop. ... 5. Male. I know this thread is a bit old. But it was the first result of my ...
tharakram
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235030

Latest Member: Thomas

Online: 19