AirDroid 3.1.4 - Windows Quick Link menu items stop working

Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:41 am in Other Issues

page 1 / 1
Adam Plocher
OP

AirDroid 3.1.4 - Windows Quick Link menu items stop working

Hello, first of all, I love AirDroid. Amazing tool!

There seems to be an issue with AirDroid, where it causes the Windows Quick Link menu to stop working. This is the menu you see if you right click on the Start button in the task bar, or press WINDOWKEY+X (Win 8.1 and Win 10 - maybe Win 8?).

From what I've seen, the last 4 items in there seem to work, but everything above that no longer works. Uninstalling AirDroid and rebooting does fix the problem.

There is some discussion over here about the Quick Link menu not working due to bad shell extensions - including some discussions specifically about AirDroid:
http://forums.hexus.net/windows/296885-winkey-x-menu-shortcuts-not-working-win-8-1-a.html

I am on Windows 10 Pro x64.

Thank you!

-Adam
Adam Plocher
Coffee Admin

Re: AirDroid 3.1.4 - Windows Quick Link menu items stop working

There seems to be an issue with AirDroid, where it causes the Windows Quick Link menu to stop working. This is the menu you see if you right click on the Start button in the task bar, or press WINDOWKEY+X (Win 8.1 and Win 10 - maybe Win 8?).

From what I've seen, the last 4 items in there seem to work, but everything above that no longer works. Uninstalling AirDroid and rebooting does fix the problem.

There is some discussion over here about the Quick Link menu not working due to bad shell extensions - including some discussions specifically about AirDroid:
http://forums.hexus.net/windows/296885-winkey-x-menu-shortcuts-not-working-win-8-1-a.html

Thank you!

-Adam

Hi Adam,

Thanks very much for your feedback and sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

We'll soon release an update to fix this issue. Please update and try again then :)
Coffee
Admin
Coffee Admin

Thank you!

-Adam

Hi,

The update is available now. Update and try again ;)
Coffee
Admin
Adam Plocher

Wow, so quick. It works! Thanks!
Coffee likes this post.
Adam Plocher
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads