Use on two computers?

Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:22 pm in Other Issues

page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
SoDoWarts
OP

Use on two computers?

Hi,

Can I use Air Droid on a second computer and if so how do I go about doing that?

Thanks!
SoDoWarts
lsc

Title

From the AirDroid Security page:
Forbid Multiple Logins

Multiple logins to AirDroid service at the
same time is not allowed. A connecting computer must log off AirDroid
desktop service first before another computer can connect your device.

lsc
brandbas

Title

It's a "security feature"
brandbas
zlroman

Title

So if I want to have the capability of using it on any computer its just a matter of signing in online? Do I need anything installed on the second computer? I want to use AD on my home computer and labtop. Thank you,
zlroman
Yahoo [Bot]

Title

Yes to your first question and no to your second question.
Yahoo [Bot]
airdroidAdmin Admin

Title

@miniBill and @HowardHopkinson are right. For security reasons, AirDroid currently only allows connection from 1 computer at the same time. We understand that there are user needs for multiple logins - like what you do with other web services, like Gmail, Dropbox, etc.. We'll carefully think about it. We need to find a balance between security and features.
airdroidAdmin
Admin
wutao667

Title

See the "recent activity" feature on gmail. Very handy from a security perspective in knowing if somebody you don't like logging in to your gmail. Maybe that model would work for AD?
wutao667
Brandonissora

Title

I, too, would find this feature very handy! While I understand the security risk, why don't you just allow users to change their options. Maybe make the default so only 1 computer at a time can sign in, but allow users to check off a feature that allows multiple sign ins at the same time (and perhaps give a warning and disclaimer before allowing a user to do so).

Please allow this feature soon!
Brandonissora
bud

Title

I can see why they wouldn't, if they did I would definitely like a notification if logged in elsewhere as I would want to know ASAP if someone had broken in and had access to all the data and features of my phone!
If they did make it possible, would it cause clashes if certain features were being used in more than one place at the same time?
bud
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi all,
Sorry that AirDroid does not support this because of security and some other reasons :)
LVHAlfons
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235470

Latest Member: SaraM1980

Online: 72