Airdroid stops working once wifi is switched

Tue May 08, 2018 4:24 pm in Other Issues

page 1 / 1
Alden S
OP

Airdroid stops working once wifi is switched

Hello,
I have Airdroid on my daughter's BlackBerry Keyone. I find that when I'm on Airdroid Web on my work wifi and she's connected to her school the remote connection is just fine. No problems at all when she's connected to her school wifi. Messages work, photos work, contacts work, file transfer works, even camera works. However, when she goes home and switches to the home wifi it is impossible to connect remotely even though I'm still connected to my work wifi on a pc with Airdroid Web. It doesn't even remotely connect as soon as she gets on that wifi. For some reason, remote connection works just fine with her school wifi but will not work with home wifi. Both wifi signals are the same strength, both are password protected networks that she has connected to, and all permissions have been granted on her phone. When she is on school wifi remote connection in the background works just fine, when she moves to home wifi remote connection cannot connect. No wifi signal strength changes, no Airdroid app permissions change, she doesn't change any settings, and Airdroid still runs in the background. Nothing changes on her phone or my wifi when she connects to that network. I don't know why Airdroid only works on her school wifi and does not connect at home but please help! I really need this to work especially with summer coming up and she will no longer be at school.
Alden S
Niki Admin

Re: Airdroid stops working once wifi is switched

Hello,
I have Airdroid on my daughter's BlackBerry Keyone. I find that when I'm on Airdroid Web on my work wifi and she's connected to her school the remote connection is just fine. No problems at all when she's connected to her school wifi. Messages work, photos work, contacts work, file transfer works, even camera works. However, when she goes home and switches to the home wifi it is impossible to connect remotely even though I'm still connected to my work wifi on a pc with Airdroid Web. It doesn't even remotely connect as soon as she gets on that wifi. For some reason, remote connection works just fine with her school wifi but will not work with home wifi. Both wifi signals are the same strength, both are password protected networks that she has connected to, and all permissions have been granted on her phone. When she is on school wifi remote connection in the background works just fine, when she moves to home wifi remote connection cannot connect. No wifi signal strength changes, no Airdroid app permissions change, she doesn't change any settings, and Airdroid still runs in the background. Nothing changes on her phone or my wifi when she connects to that network. I don't know why Airdroid only works on her school wifi and does not connect at home but please help! I really need this to work especially with summer coming up and she will no longer be at school.
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

We would like to confirm with you that when your daughter change to the home wifi, did you reconnect it and is it still fail connection?

Would you please send us your log file of your phone so that we can give you a further check?
(Kindly note that there is no personal data collected and the required info is for further checking the issue.)
You can find the log files here:
Phone:
/sdcard/airdroid/exception.log
SD Card/Android/data/com.sand.airdroid/files/
SD card/Android/data/com.sand.airdroid/files/main.log

If this issue showed up on May 8, then please forward files named by 20180508 to us.

Always feel free to contact us if you need any assistance.

Best regards,
Niki
Admin
jamesparker

Hello,
how about this simple step uninstall on both ends
then download again and try the qr code
it should work!
i have been using airdroid for 6 months now , the issue you have mentioned is out of the box to me
best regards
Minecraft Pocket Edition Counter-Strike
jamesparker
jeni

It’s very excellent information and more real facts to provided that post.
jeni
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235024

Latest Member: d

Online: 28