Purpose of software

Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:12 am in Other Issues

page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
patrick
OP

Purpose of software

I notice you've provided a top quality piece of software, but it's completely free and has no ads. This is very unusual.

So, just out of curiosity, are you doing this out of the goodness of your heart or do you hope to charge for it and/or make it ad supported after the beta version is complete?
patrick
Tal

Title

*Bump*.

This statement implicates that you may collect some kind of private information:

"Your Data security is among the top priority of AirDroid and industry
standards are strictly implemented. And we'll never store your personal
data without your explicit consent."

It's pretty vague though. What does it mean more exactly? In what kind of situation will you store our personal data?
Tal
xergioo

Title

*Bump*

This makes me suspicious also:
-the program is totally Free with no ads
-I was unable to find a complete TOS within the program
-No ads, Free program, what are the sources of income for keeping the website/servers running then?

All this makes it quite obvious that the possibility of re-selling Collected Data from users exists

This program looks very awesome indeed! but the lack of details about this makes the most concerned people to think before using it.

We saw plenty of "Free" programs which in the background saves data to earn money

So yes, please, what is the catch? what is the data you keep and save? What is the source of income to keep the website/dev/servers running?

Free+No ads+Popular , seems too good to be true..

Thank you very much for replying!
xergioo
xergioo

Title

bump.
xergioo
kimme

Title

I asked myself exactly the same question, put it here but in FAQ-general, and never got any answer...
I'm afraid this silence is itself a response!
kimme
xergioo

Title

i only ran it in a "sandbox phone" without contacts or anything personal to test it out.

but that lack of response holds me for installing it in my everyday phone.

as yo usaid, the lack of response is a response itself!

well good for them... its not the few people who have a bit of common sense that will ruin their strategy by not using their malware
xergioo
steffenmk

Title

I find it concerning that there has been no response or materialisation of a TOS or privacy policy in the 6 months since this this thread was initially posted.
steffenmk
AdsBot [Google]

Title

Thanks very much @JonathanXS.

Please accept my apology for this late response guys. I know this may sound like a cliché but really we are a small team and sorry that we didn't manage to spend more time checking and replying all the posts on this forum.[/i]

We totally understand your concern on security. Since first release we've always been committed to protecting your privacy and giving you the confidence that your information is secure while using AirDroid. We never did, and never will, collect and sell private date to profit.

AirDroid remains free because it is still in beta and we don't think it's good enough. We are still developing new features and yes, we are also exploring ways to keep it going including apps promotion and advertising.

Please rest assured that we are not earning money by selling your personal data. And thanks to all you beta testers for your kind feedback, suggestions, translations and donations. We are honored to have you.

Stay tuned and enjoy AirDroid.
AdsBot [Google]
steffenmk

Title

That's good enough for me.
steffenmk
My_droidX2

Title

Good enough for me too. I actually was trying to figure out where to donate to the developer when I found this.
My_droidX2
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235030

Latest Member: Thomas

Online: 25