Autostart on system bootup

Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:52 pm in Feature Requests

page 1 / 1
Aqualung
OP

Autostart on system bootup

1. How do I keep AirDroid open in the background? AirDroid needs a "Hide" button, so that "closing" the AirDroid window doesn't shut off the AirDroid service.2. AirDroid also needs an "autostart with system" button, so that the AirDroid service starts upon system reboot. I know, there are apks such as AutoStarts that help with that, but nevertheless, this would be a much more elegant solution.
Aqualung
PromaneX

Title

auto start is so necesarry
PromaneX
12many

Title

Hmm, that's an interesting solution ophilar. Unfortunately it does add another notification to the notification window (and an icon). Not usually a problem, but I already have juice defender running in the background, and often, widgetsoid. That doesn't count the sometimes I do want to run a lockscreen replacement when I'm feeling like customizing my device as well.
12many
castylx

Title

I just checked and it seems you can define different notification behaviours for Llama, including omitting it altogether. Hence I think the notification/icon issue is less a problem than the necessity to install an additional app. On the other hand, Llama is more versatile and powerful than AirDroid in terms of automation - I already use it otherwise, e.g. silencing my phone automatically at night or in classes/meetings.
castylx
AH_daniel

Title

I could see the issue being with that is it's something else that would take up memory. I know that Android is getting better with memory usage with each version but there's still only so much memory to go around. Didn't know about Llama tho so that's a nice new find. Thanks!
AH_daniel
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235446

Latest Member: Ebru İbis

Online: 57