Could we please NOT have a zip on download?

Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:39 am in Feature Requests

page 1 / 1
EarlyMon
OP

Could we please NOT have a zip on download?

Or at least, a selection to not do that?

I often get too many photos to download, so about 11 of them fit into a zip when what I'd like is just a stream of files to download.

Because rather than save, I can choose to open in my photo editor and skip the grief of chosing 5 or 10 at a time, downloading the zip, unzipping the zip, importing the zip contents into my photo library, erasing the old zip and unzipped folder - lather, rinse, repeat 10, 20, 30 times.

In these cases, I'm having to run an ftp server and deal with all of that and it just trades one set of problems for another.

Can has mulitple file download plz? :)
EarlyMon
ingermarien

Title

I don't really get what's your problem with zips...
ingermarien
wballum

Title

My problem is volume.

More exactly - my wife needs the big Easy button. She managed to save up over 500 photos to download - chosing zip only captured the first 11, that's it. And taking 50 to 100 pictures in a day isn't uncommon for her.

It seems that Airdroid cannot make a zip that can hold all of the candidate files to xfer, so work has to be done piecemeal.

With direct file xfer, there's no need to store an intermediate file - you can instead open the file with a photo editor instead of saving as a downloaded file (the prompt given in response to the download from Airdroid is automatic for that), and it's the Easy button.

As soon as multiple zips, unzipping, and multiple imports happen - the Easy button is gone.

Maybe it's unpossible, but thought I'd ask.

I didn't request a bigger zip image feature because I've no doubt that's dependent upon the phone resources. Maybe if she were sporting an SD card with more free space, it would have zipped them all - I don't know. I do know that if I give her a bigger SD card, she'll just do what she did last time - fill it up more - so that's a no-win scenario for us.

Anyway - not trying to knock the product at all, I think it's pretty cool and really like it.
wballum
Lipstick

Title

+1 to EarlyMon request. Would be very nice to have an option, a selection, to not have a zip on download.Anyway, I already consider AirDroid an all-time top 3 android app.
Lipstick
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi all,
Thanks for your suggestions.

Sorry that AirDroid now doesn't support this. We've gathered your feature request and will try to make improvements in future updates.

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or suggestions :)
LVHAlfons
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235025

Latest Member: محمد رحمتی

Online: 32