Start AirDroid Service when connecting to favorite wifi

Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:38 am in Feature Requests

page 1 / 1
basstrompete
OP

Start AirDroid Service when connecting to favorite wifi

How about a function that recognizes when i connect to a (previously added) wifi connection?
If you get back home and your phone automatically connects to your wifi and starting Airdroid.. how great would that be?!
basstrompete
Nuno67

Title

agreed.

used to have a little cron job which check if airdroid is running or not. if not, starts it with command:
am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.sand.airdroid/.Splash

however, after a recent upgrade, the above line no longer works. Error message:
Error: Activity class {com.sand.airdroid/com.sand.airdroid.Splash} does not exist.

please help
Nuno67
cesarbellota

Title

Use this: am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.sand.airdroid/.SplashActivity_
cesarbellota
takencs

Title

where do i have to add that? will this command line start the app when im connection to my wifi?!
takencs
diablos

Title

I agree this would be a fantastic feature. When connected to a WIFI you designate to use with AirDroid, it automatically launches the service so you dont have to do it manually every time you get to that location with the wifi.

This would be a VERY useful feature addition.
diablos
jdiamond7

Title

This has been asked for several times... the Devs NEVER respond... I've given up on this app as it is a PITA compared to DroidDesktop by 3CX which has all the main features but has autostart on SSID, power plug-in and more... I like AirDroid more for a few things but I'm tired having to manually start/stop it... and it does not launch when the screen is off - thus you need to turn the screen on (even when the app is loaded) to get it to start the web service for the 1st start. PITA!!!

bye-bye Airdroid... help 3CX

oh, and NO, I'm in no-way affiliated with 3CX -- I'm just sick of asking AirDroid to fix things and being 100% ignored.
jdiamond7
Nuno67

Title

DroidDesktop can not make phone calls
Nuno67
Nuno67

Title

sorry, i was wrong, you can indeed dial from DroidDesktop.
Nuno67
takencs

Title

Any other Apps like Airdroid with this function working? And https?
takencs
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235559

Latest Member: kayleekim

Online: 54